Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
...I have a 2018 Ram and a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica. Both with Connect systems and CarPlay. Neither will go into dark mode in Apple Maps, and I don't see anywhere to manually change it either. Doesn't matter if lights are on/off or auto, apple maps stays in daytime mode. I even disconnected my iPhone from the USB, it instantly went into dark mode on my phone... the moment I plug it back in to USB, dark mode goes away and comes back to day time mode. It's the same way in both cars. My wife's phone is an iPhone 6s, and mine is an iPhone X... same issue on both phones, in both cars. I'm at a loss on the issue.
I'm guessing that Chrysler doesn't send the dimming signal to the iPhone when the lights come on. So the iPhone doesn't know the lights are on/dark. You should probably ask your service adviser about this.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
I'm guessing that Chrysler doesn't send the dimming signal to the iPhone when the lights come on. So the iPhone doesn't know the lights are on/dark. You should probably ask your service adviser about this.

FWIW, the dimming and auto dat/night in Maps works fine on my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I would check that you don't have your brightness in the car set to daylight level (the first click on the dimming wheel).

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Have been getting Lane Guidance on more and more local (non Interstate) roads. Starting to become common and even up to date on some new roads.
IMG_4280.jpg

Reactions: Agile55

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Wow, this was just added this week and is only a 2 lane in direction road. Both lanes are correct but still getting detailed lane guidance. Apple is really improving the Maps. Are other seeing this much detail being added?

IMG_4315.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 3.50.38 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Agile55
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.