Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMountainLife

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2015
Hey guys,

Previously I was able to open control center and quickly adjust my lights, thermostat and see which motion sensor was triggered. Since updating I have the additional step of having to 3D Touch HomeKit to access these things and also sometimes it reports nothing is responding. Rebooting my 7+ resolves this most times.

Is there any way to elimate the extra step and just have my lights and thermostat on the main control center page? My iPad mini 4 behaves the same way except I have to long press.

Lights = Phillips Hue
Thermostat = Ecobee 3
Everything else = Harmony Elite

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
No that’s not possible.

The old control centre had 3 tabs so there were often times you had to swipe to the correct tab. The new interface means the swipe has been replaced by a 3D Touch.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
A bit off topic, but I wish they’d make the homekit widget in control center bigger as it’d be so nice to have access to more than 9 devices, for those of us who have a lot. The interface in iOS 11 would easily allow for this. The remote, for example, takes up way more space than the homekit widget does on my iPad. It just seems like a bit of a waste the way it is now.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
A bit off topic, but I wish they’d make the homekit widget in control center bigger as it’d be so nice to have access to more than 9 devices, for those of us who have a lot. The interface in iOS 11 would easily allow for this. The remote, for example, takes up way more space than the homekit widget does on my iPad. It just seems like a bit of a waste the way it is now.

I raised feedback during the beta testing phase saying the exact same thing.

My whole house has hue lights, I’ve a HomeKit thermostat and a few eve devices.

There’s so much wasted space when in the HomeKit control centre.

I’d also like to be able to have accessories and scenes on one page. It’s annoying having a dedicated page for each. I’d have my most used accessories and scenes on one page and then a 2nd page of lesser used ones.

Reactions: boston04and07

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I raised feedback during the beta testing phase saying the exact same thing.

My whole house has hue lights, I’ve a HomeKit thermostat and a few eve devices.

There’s so much wasted space when in the HomeKit control centre.

I’d also like to be able to have accessories and scenes on one page. It’s annoying having a dedicated page for each. I’d have my most used accessories and scenes on one page and then a 2nd page of lesser used ones.

I just sent feedback on this too actually so I’m glad to hear you did as well. It just seems so obvious...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.