Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

embotix

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2016
Has anyone figured out how to ADD new people to the "People" album in the Photos app?

I've let it run with the power connected to the point where I no longer get the "Scanning photos.." message at the bottom.

But for the life of me I can't figure out how to add new people to this album.

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
Interests me as well.

Also, is it possible to manually add people the phone for one reason or another hasn't automatically recognized to existing "People"-albums ? Or is that coming to Photos on High Sierra? Or is it coming at all?

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
The only way I’ve found is to select a photo and scroll up. Below, where it shows people in the photo, it will give you the option to add the person.

Oddly, some people who are well featured in my photos and already present in the people album, were removed in the latest build.

Reactions: embotix

embotix

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2016
The only way I’ve found is to select a photo and scroll up. Below, where it shows people in the photo, it will give you the option to add the person.

Oddly, some people who are well featured in my photos and already present in the people album, were removed in the latest build.

Thanks - I was expecting something like Google Photos, where it would suggest people to add for me. Hadn't thought to try the swipe-up thing. Process seems a bit clunky but seems to work.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016

You’re not alone there. Some of mine are gone too. Search is all over the place too. Lots of things like “sport”, which use to return pics of baseball and football games, now return nothing.

Reactions: sterumbelow

KUtatKat

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2017
I'm STILL having this problem!!
My daughter is the most prominent person in all of my photos (therefore I obviously have a "People" album for/of her) but in a recent pic, it identified and labeled my dad, but didn't even identify her face as...well, a FACE! And her face isn't at all covered!! She has a costume on, but no costume makeup or anything at ALL covering her face. Which is why I'm SO surprised IOS hasn't already labeled/identified her, or at the very least, show her face below the picture with an option to label who the face is.
And this is just ONE example of this issuee‍♀️

It's all just really freaking annoying!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.