Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skadd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
iOS 11 GM is completely unusable on my iPhone 6S 64gb. Stock apps crash like settings, notes and the app store, as well as reddit, tinder, snapchat, facebook and so on. Sometimes it even goes all black with a dashed circle before it reloads the phone where I have to type the code.

It's obvious to me that apple has focused on making it work on the iPhone X before any other device.

Edit: Restoring without erasing contents didn't help before, so I did what others advised me and restored and erased all contents and set it up as a new device. It seems to have fixed the issue.

Last edited:

skadd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
I'll reset all setting and see if it helps

Edit: No, still a lot of hang-ups and crashes.

Kung

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
Something may be wrong with your phone, then. I run it on my 6, and have since beta 2, and it's been amazingly stable.

Reactions: skadd

skadd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
Ok guys. I did a restore erasing everything and set it up as a new device. So far so good. Very smooth!

vintagedude76

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2015
Yeah I think many people who have problems are ones who have not started with a clean slate.... I think that anytime you install a new version of the os that it's a good idea to start with a fresh install. To avoid most problems.

Reactions: skadd

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Works real fine on my 6S Plus. Can’t wait to install it on my 7 Plus on the 19th

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Worked fine on the wife's 6s and that was a regular upgrade, not a clean install. I guess YMMV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.