Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greattrika

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
Hello I am using iOS 11.2.1 (15C153) on the iPad and iPhone

I wanted to have a look at the iPad or iPhone Storage (Settings -> General -> iPhone or iPad Storage -> Notes -> Documents & Data), but then I noticed something strange and the Notes app is very big "2,93 GB". See my screenshot.

I don't have iCloud for Notes on or there is local content in the Notes app, what about you?

Attachments

• 66903AFB-3A85-4CE8-BE66-32ECE96DF0F8.jpeg
    66903AFB-3A85-4CE8-BE66-32ECE96DF0F8.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 563

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I have a little over 1000 notes in the Notes app. I think 10% of them has an attachment. Notes app uses 225 MB on my iPad.
Do you have notes with large attachments?

greattrika

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
I have a little over 1000 notes in the Notes app. I think 10% of them has an attachment. Notes app uses 225 MB on my iPad.
Do you have notes with large attachments?
I don't have any notes or notes with large attachments. everything is empty.

if you delete and reload the app from App Store, how many of Documents & Data size will be displayed? For me 2,93 GB in the settings app.

Is this here a bug?

can try it out. please delete the app and load it again. then see how big it is. has you 2,93 GB in Documents & Data?

please test with iOS 11 only.

greattrika

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
I don't have any notes or notes with large attachments. everything is empty.

if you delete and reload the app from App Store, how many of Documents & Data size will be displayed? For me 2,93 GB in the settings app.

Is this here a bug?

can try it out. please delete the app and load it again. then see how big it is. has you 2,93 GB in Documents & Data?

please test with iOS 11 only.

nobody wants to delete the app and then reinstall it on iOS 11. and then see how big the app will be?

Please help me

:(

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
Previously, Photos app was accumulating in size with deleted photos even though they are not displayed after 30 days because iOS wasn't clearing deleted photos from the device. It could be a similar issue.
I have made it a practice to delete photos and notes and then delete again from deleted section once I know that it's not needed.
The solution in previous issue with deleted photos was to roll back the date and then iOS would show deleted photos under deleted folder which then you have to remove manually.

nobody wants to delete the app and then reinstall it on iOS 11. and then see how big the app will be?

Please help me

:(

Neometro

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2017
Have you checked all the accounts/folders to see how many Notes you have? Click on the icon on the upper left corner of the app to see how many notes you have on iCloud, your device, 3rd party app like Outlook and notes deleted.

greattrika

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
Previously, Photos app was accumulating in size with deleted photos even though they are not displayed after 30 days because iOS wasn't clearing deleted photos from the device. It could be a similar issue.
I have made it a practice to delete photos and notes and then delete again from deleted section once I know that it's not needed.
The solution in previous issue with deleted photos was to roll back the date and then iOS would show deleted photos under deleted folder which then you have to remove manually.
No a effect, nothing is displayed at all . Because because there are no files at all
[doublepost=1514314494][/doublepost]
Have you checked all the accounts/folders to see how many Notes you have? Click on the icon on the upper left corner of the app to see how many notes you have on iCloud, your device, 3rd party app like Outlook and notes deleted.
Yes all checked, all accounts/folders. 0 Notes your device.

iCloud or 3rd party apps is not activated. All is disabled.

Neometro

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2017
No a effect, nothing is displayed at all . Because because there are no files at all
[doublepost=1514314494][/doublepost]
Yes all checked, all accounts/folders. 0 Notes your device.

iCloud or 3rd party apps is not activated. All is disabled.
Hmmm the only thing left that I can think of is go to www.icloud.com to see if you see notes there. If not go to settings - General - iPhone Storage and delete the Notes app there.
Then you can download it again from the AppStore

greattrika

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
If not go to settings - General - iPhone Storage and delete the Notes app there.
Then you can download it again from the AppStore
No a effecr (delete the app and dowload it again). The problem stays here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.