Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dudham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
After updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 11 and having returned from a trip I want to share about 500 Photos (including 4 videos). This is pretty straightforward.

I select my 500 Photos, click the arrow and create a new photostream...

iOS 10: the spinning connection wheel turns indicating an internet conection and the stream is created after a minute or so and I can share it.

iOS 11: the phone gets very hot and the app crashes after like 40 seconds, ..no other app will open, if I could access activity monitor on iOS it would probs tell me 100% CPU or something.

(I have then reset my phone and tried again -> same story)

Downgrade?

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
After updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 11 and having returned from a trip I want to share about 500 Photos (including 4 videos). This is pretty straightforward.

I select my 500 Photos, click the arrow and create a new photostream...

iOS 10: the spinning connection wheel turns indicating an internet conection and the stream is created after a minute or so and I can share it.

iOS 11: the phone gets very hot and the app crashes after like 40 seconds, ..no other app will open, if I could access activity monitor on iOS it would probs tell me 100% CPU or something.

(I have then reset my phone and tried again -> same story)

Downgrade?
I've had quite a few issues with Photos in iOS 11. Photos disappearing, rearranging, etc. I don't have iCloud photo library turned on so I know it's not an issue with that. iOS 11 overall is not very refined imo...yet. I hear a small update is coming tomorrow and hopefully it will fix some of these issues, but I'm sure most won't be addressed for a couple months.

That being said, you may want to downgrade to iOS 10.3.3 before Apple stops signing it. Then you can upgrade to iOS 11 once it's more stable.

Dudham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
I've had quite a few issues with Photos in iOS 11. Photos disappearing, rearranging, etc. I don't have iCloud photo library turned on so I know it's not an issue with that. iOS 11 overall is not very refined imo...yet. I hear a small update is coming tomorrow and hopefully it will fix some of these issues, but I'm sure most won't be addressed for a couple months.

That being said, you may want to downgrade to iOS 10.3.3 before Apple stops signing it. Then you can upgrade to iOS 11 once it's more stable.

Yeah I was thinking of downgrading already. I don't know what gives me more of a headache "live with ios11 until fixed" vs. "waste the time downgrading, applying backup, load music, movies back on idevice"

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Yeah I was thinking of downgrading already. I don't know what gives me more of a headache "live with ios11 until fixed" vs. "waste the time downgrading, applying backup, load music, movies back on idevice"
Always a tough call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.