Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StoneCold X

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
So I updated to the iOS 11 GM on Tuesday and ever since my photos aren't showing up in the photo app. It just says Updating... on the screen and it has been like that for almost 2 days.

Anyone else having this issue?

isma713

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2014
Same issue here on an iPhone 6s. I updated, backed up, wiped it for good measure and restored from backup. Everything came back as usual with exception to pictures and videos. Just seems like the Photos app might be stuck downloading everything from the cloud

kotty

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
Here was a bit different.
I updated, and everything was fine until I received a video via iMessage and click to save the video.
Then, suddenly all my pictures and videos were gone.....
Had to go back to ios 10

isma713

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2014
That is a weird one. I ended up downloading the ipsw GM for my phone and using that to restore it through iTunes. Seems like everything, including pictures are returning back.

StoneCold X

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
I ended up downgrading to 10.3.3 and then doing the OTA for 11 GM and everything is working fine now

Bandit1977

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
In my case I installed the iOS 11 Gold Master yesterday and the Photos App didn't work. Since this afternoon the Photos App works without interaction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.