Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Threejw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2014
so iOS 10 is jampacked with alot of features that were on my previous Wishlist, i'm so glad they reorganized the control center, wedges and the notification menus, i'v always thought they were inconsistent and a complete mess, but there are a few that were not granted like:

• iPad app picker redesign
  • Customisable Control center + more blutooth and wifi options
  • Status bar redesign
  • DARK MODE

What are urs ?

Last edited:

Threejw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2014
Very serious

Thoughts about the new UI
Everything is so white, i thought that they will introduce a black theme too. Aka dark mode but they didnt... It was very anti-climactic.
Now that alot of things (wedges and notifications) arn't edge to edge, it does make it seem like then next iphone will have edge to edge glass ..the new UI is made for that..

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjamin Frost

Mac-lover3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
Belgium
But there wasn't even a rumor about a Dark Mode except the Siri said that it couldn't enable it. But as we have all seen Dark Mode is for Apple TV. I too was hoping for it but as long as iPhones don't have OLED display's it won't happen.

Reactions: Threejw

Threejw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2014
I'm very happy with ios 10, regarding the fonts on apple music, apple really wants us to use that app and i'm sure they are listening...

Threejw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2014
Just my initial reaction... I dont have spotify where i live so i dont have much to compare to ...

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Why is this in iOS 10? It's the first freaking beta out and you're already wanting an 11 wish list? Get f outta here.

Reactions: Jayderek

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Too soon, we've only received the first beta for iOS 10 and there still may be features added to iOS10.

Angel Gabriel

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2015
I've had iPhones since 2010 and I've enjoyed using every single one of them. However, last month I came so, so close to switching to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - only the investment in the Apple ecosystem and the need to have iMessage with my family stopped me. I'm now on a 6s, which runs great. But I'm am so tired of Apple's OS more than ever. I look across to Android and see so much opportunity for personalisation in a way that leaves Apple light years behind. For me, Apple needs to deliver with iOS 11 in a huge way for me to consider staying on board. So what do you think iOS 11 needs to revitalise the iPhone?

To kick off, I really, really want customisable control centre and the ability to set default apps for calendar, email etc.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
To not come out with these "perfect storms" where new iOS and untested new iPhone -- takes time to marry the two. Do phone mid-life of iOS (like the "S" series in Spring) and focus on each as separate rollouts with full attention. Same time frame as Samsung and high-end phones come out.

I need to have wireless charging which I had on the last two Galaxy phones and PRIV.

I was waiting on Note 7 - to buy outright and give it couple months. Still use iPhones, iPad and MacBook, but also Sammy and Blackberry DTEK60 (nice $499 unit).

bartvk

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2016
The Netherlands
So why not try it for a bit? For the past month, I've put aside my iPhone 6 Plus, just to play with a Nexus 5. Works fine. Except that it didn't get the latest Android version and makes crappy photos.

But all in all, it's pretty nice to play with a different OS.

I have to say though, I always have taken care to select multi platform apps. So for instance, I listen to podcasts on Pocket Casts, use SimpleNote for note-taking, use Outlook for email/calendar, et cetera. Switching is easy that way.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Ability to set "exceptions" for app notifications and texts during Do Not Disturb hours. It's becoming more and more common for people to have apps on their phones linked to security hardware, such as video doorbells and home alarm systems. Notifications from these apps need to be able to be excluded from being muted by DND. Likewise, I have certain people more likely to text me even in an emergency than call, but if I have DND toggled, I won't see that text in a timely fashion.

Android has the ability to make exceptions like these. It's incredibly short sighted of Apple not to already have the same.

C5.4

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
Dark Mode, better (customizable) control center, notification grouping, more 3d touch gestures, fix that stupid volume popup that covers the center of the screen. I'd love to see apple update some of the icons on the homescreen. And make siri smarter

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
- dark mode
- customizable control center
- grouped notifications
- redesigned multitasking
- 3d touch widgets always on homescreen
- single sign on
- all apps are touch id protectable
- can turn on/off different types of notifications for every app
- redesigned app icons for the apple ones with the ugly white background
- more translucency and glass effects
- customizable/"redesigned" status bar
- redesigned sleeker volume level ui
- always show the widget screen if there are no notifications on the lock screen
- dark keyboard systemwide
- NEW WALLPAPER
- more and logical use of the new vibration engine
- app icon shadows with parallax effect
- redesigned ui for copy/paste bubbles
- "short-listen" mode for music app -> play every title of this album only 30/60 seconds (to quickly skip and listen to an album to spot any really great songs)
- Rich equalizer for systemwide sounds and equalizer settings in the now playing screen
- particular app downloads/installments -> you can choose which part of the app will be installed to save space, not installed but needed parts of an app could be downloaded later -> "cloud apps"
- a button to delete cached data (like the itunes store purchase a big movie trick)
- expanded icloud drive with a filesystem
- safari full download functionality
- mail app gets reading confirmations
- time controled messages

Some ideas

Edit: and i really would like to see some redesigned ui elements that were unchanged forever :)
- integrated brightness slider when playing videos like the volume slider

Last edited:

GrievingFob606

Suspended
Nov 15, 2016
- dark mode
- customizable control center
- grouped notifications
- redesigned multitasking
- 3d touch widgets always on homescreen
- single sign on
- all apps are touch id protectable
- can turn on/off different types of notifications for every app
- redesigned app icons for the apple ones with the ugly white background
- more translucency and glass effects
- customizable/"redesigned" status bar
- redesigned sleeker volume level ui
- always show the widget screen if there are no notifications on the lock screen
- dark keyboard systemwide
- NEW WALLPAPER
- more and logical use of the new vibration engine
- app icon shadows with parallax effect
- redesigned ui for copy/paste bubbles
- "short-listen" mode for music app -> play every title of this album only 30/60 seconds (to quickly skip and listen to an album to spot any really great songs)
- Rich equalizer for systemwide sounds and equalizer settings in the now playing screen
- particular app downloads/installments -> you can choose which part of the app will be installed to save space, not installed but needed parts of an app could be downloaded later -> "cloud apps"
- a button to delete cached data (like the itunes store purchase a big movie trick)
- expanded icloud drive with a filesystem
- safari full download functionality
- mail app gets reading confirmations
- time controled messages

Some ideas

Edit: and i really would like to see some redesigned ui elements that were unchanged forever :)
- integrated brightness slider when playing videos like the volume slider
Single Sign-On is already out only for iOS 10.2 and tvOS 10.1, but only for US customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.