Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY
my 7 is still on 12.1.1 and fine. I keep deferring the update to 12.1.2 because I have read about the WiFi and cellular issues. Not here just on Forbes and other. Tech sites.

Is it safe ? Anyone have issues ?

Thanks

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I believe it’s safer on older device than the newer 2018 iPhones. The current iOS 12.1.3 in beta testing should be release soon or by the end of the month so you can wait and skip 12.1.2.

YaBe

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2017
The increasing number of thread about "is it safe to upgrade" speaks volume about the quality control lately.

Reactions: jsf721

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The increasing number of thread about "is it safe to upgrade" speaks volume about the quality control lately.
Threads like this have been around for a while for pretty much many products. I a lot of cases it's based on some anecdotal information regarding something that isn't widespread or anything even close to it.
[doublepost=1547216405][/doublepost]
my 7 is still on 12.1.1 and fine. I keep deferring the update to 12.1.2 because I have read about the WiFi and cellular issues. Not here just on Forbes and other. Tech sites.

Thanks
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-ios-12-1-2-has-a-serious-problem.2162074/ can be of some help, along with https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-12-1-2-―-bug-fixes-changes-and-improvements.2161016/

Reactions: gwhizkids

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY
I totally agree. I should not have to worry that an IOS update should cripple my phone which to me is a serious work tool. My email, my communication and my link to my work on the internet.

I have been slammed by updates in the past that disconnected my exchange server and cellular. I have so gotten some annoying items in updates line the dollar sign or number sign each time you hit the space bar.

Thanks

Jeff

Reactions: YaBe

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
If you do all of your research on a tech forum like this one, you're likely going to get a bad impression of any available update. Like the rest of the internet, people mostly come here to vent and ask about issues they're having rather than to tell the world how happy they are with how things are working.

That said, I had the worst iOS experience I've ever had on 12.1.2 but it was likely down to a bad/corrupt install. 12.1.3 betas, on the other hand, have been top notch. I'm on the public beta so if you're itching to upgrade, head to beta.apple.com and skip 12.1.2 altogether.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

YaBe

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2017
Threads like this have been around for a while for pretty much many products.
True, that is why i said increasing.

I do not care about other product here as this is an Apple forum, but it is bad when they charge a premium, as they should offer better qc.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
True, that is why i said increasing.

I do not care about other product here as this is an Apple forum, but it is bad when they charge a premium, as they should offer better qc.
Things can certainly be better and in one sense or another should be better. That said, it won't make them perfect or even close to it, nor will it stop complaints from showing up (and you also need to factor in that with more people and more devices being in use more will come to ask or complain about something, even if the level of issues remains about the same--meaning the perceived increase can be coming from something else as well).

killhippie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2016
UK
I have to say I updated to the secind version of 12.1.2 via iTunes and my Xs has been fine, no cellular problems at at all. or Wi-Fi. I did have a few issues with calling out on the original 12.1.2 release, the second release was fine.

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY
If I update today will I get the second update ?

I have to say I updated to the secind version of 12.1.2 via iTunes and my Xs has been fine, no cellular problems at at all. or Wi-Fi. I did have a few issues with calling out on the original 12.1.2 release, the second release was fine.

jschnee21

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Go for it!

12.1.3 running like a champ on my XSM. Typing this now with only one bar?!?!?

Never possible before — except on my 6s (-:

It’s a remarkable innovation, so glad I paid $1200 for the privilege!

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

Thanks

Just because others have issues, doesn't mean you will.... For instance, i've never experienced any of the problems users have had here ever, even on a older iPhone with latest update... so from my perspective, "i have no idea what people are talking about" :)

But i only have an iPhone 6s Plus now. and have done update.. I think the biggest jump i made was from 10.3.3 straight up to 12.1.1 then to 12.1.2

I supposed you could call at an "old iPhone" .. I was thinking more like 5s. The minimum think is a 5s anyway

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.