Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wozmatic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
I keeping seeing an old email notification popping up in notification center despite clearing it a while ago.

In fact, the email is over 2 weeks old and long deleted yet it still keeps showing up.

So odd. Anyone else?

charliesixtwo

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2017
Canada
I keeping seeing an old email notification popping up in notification center despite clearing it a while ago.

In fact, the email is over 2 weeks old and long deleted yet it still keeps showing up.

So odd. Anyone else?

i had that same issue on AT&T couple of weeks ago.
I did a force clear all notifications and then restarted the phone.
I imagine just restarting would fix it too.

wozmatic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
i had that same issue on AT&T couple of weeks ago.
I did a force clear all notifications and then restarted the phone.
I imagine just restarting would fix it too.

Thanks, I'll give it another try.

I will note that I 100% cleared all notifications dozens of times and have rebooted the phone at least 4 or 5 times.

The email just popped up again so I came back to comment.

So weird because the email is completely gone from from gmail account. Deleted and removed from trash.

I use iOS mail app on my phone, this is where the notification is showing up for the record.

charliesixtwo

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2017
Canada
Yep.. iOS mail is where I had that issue too.
I think I might have force closed the mail app and reopened it too.
It was a while ago, but really annoying.

Just to be clear, you are restarting your phone and not doing a shut down and power on, right?
You could also do the force close of the mail app if you haven't done that already

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Haha yea this is annoying. I have it with an email that was deleted 4 weeks ago. It drives me nuts.

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
Same issue here. I deleted and re-added my Gmail account. Time will tell if that solved it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.