Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulbasi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
After updating to iOS 12.2 beta 2 and now beta 3 updates, my iPhone 6 Plus will no longer connect to my Ford Escape SYNC.
I can take an old iPhone 4s out to my car and SYNC sees it and the iPhone sees SYNC but the iPhone 6 Plus does not.

Frehley

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2012
I have a 2010 Edge and my X on beta 2 connects...sorry that you are having issues.

Prod1702

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2015
My XS Max connects without issues to my 2019 Explorer, but I do mainly use apple car play instead of ford sync.

allenfuller

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2019
@paulbasi, curious if you were ever able to reconnect your phone?

After updating my iPhone X to iOS 12.2, it will still connect to my Ford Expedition via USB cable, however there is no audio. The USB will charge it, and information about the music track appears on the SYNC display, but audio only comes out of the device. When I try to switch audio outputs in the Music app, there's no option for Dock Connector.

It may not be related to your issue, but thought I'd comment here first and see if you were able to find a fix.

Reactions: lbdyck

lbdyck

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2016
I have a similar issue with my 2013 Lincoln MKX with Sync 2. After upgrading to Beta 2 the microphone is no longer working when the iPhone is connected. I still get audio but Siri and phone calls have no audio input. I have to change the iPhone to speaker mode, instead of sync, to have a call work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.