Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

londonjoel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Hi -

I updated to iOS 12.2 on my iPhone 8 Plus and it's bricking the phone upon launching certain apps (YouTube, Radio, etc.).

Is anyone else experiencing this with the older phone?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi -

I updated to iOS 12.2 on my iPhone 8 Plus and it's bricking the phone upon launching certain apps (YouTube, Radio, etc.).

What do you mean by "bricking the phone"?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi -

Brick: cause (a smartphone or other electronic device) to become completely unable to function, typically on a permanent basis.

Does your iPhone meet this definition?

If not, you are using the term "bricking" incorrectly. Malfunctioning may be a better term.

londonjoel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Sorry, I meant it was basically becoming unresponsive - even to power-off. So had to perform hard-reset.
[doublepost=1553694823][/doublepost]
Brick: cause (a smartphone or other electronic device) to become completely unable to function, typically on a permanent basis.

Does your iPhone meet this definition?

If not, you are using the term "bricking" incorrectly. Malfunctioning may be a better term.
That matches my issue, though not on a permanent basis (as it did respond to a forced reset)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.