Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
Noticed since iOS 12.4 whenever I launch 3rd party apps iTunes have been asking for my Apple ID password far too often...

Anyone experienced this...?

iPhone 6

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
That has been happening to me since before 12.4. When I talked to support about it, they told me to log out and back in my Apple ID from the Settings app. It didn't last that long until it started happening again a few days later though.

Last edited:

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
I'm starting to wonder if having 3rd party apps from 2 different Apple IDs of different countries is the culprit...

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Re: different IDs: yes, could be. Especially if apps have in-app/subscriptions. Seem to recall that the recommended code flow is to "phone home" to the App Store to check if subscriptions, and if so, valid, etc.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
Re: different IDs: yes, could be. Especially if apps have in-app/subscriptions. Seem to recall that the recommended code flow is to "phone home" to the App Store to check if subscriptions, and if so, valid, etc.

Hmm... Excel maybe, but Dark Sky, I don't recall that app has any in-app purchases or subscriptions...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.