Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Putting this on my backup 7 now.

I updated my XS to 13 beta 3 last night and it killed my cellular. Wasn't able to do anything until I got home on my wifi and when I tried restoring it was consistently throwing different errors. Tried multiple times to get it into DFU mode but it kept coming up with a connect to laptop screen with a URL for the Apple Support iPhone restore page (never seen this before as it's usually a connect to iTunes screen). Genius Bar appointment tonight.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Latest Beta for 13 sounds like a crap show for many. Will be avoiding this one I think for a while and have held off on 12.4 as I've got most of my stuff stable for the time. I think 12.4 will be good though once it officially drops later this month I'd assume. Probably Tuesday if iOS 11.4.1 is any indication.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Latest Beta for 13 sounds like a crap show for many. Will be avoiding this one I think for a while and have held off on 12.4 as I've got most of my stuff stable for the time. I think 12.4 will be good though once it officially drops later this month I'd assume. Probably Tuesday if iOS 11.4.1 is any indication.
Yeah this beta is a breath of fresh air after using 13 for a couple of weeks. There's something to be said for late-stage iOS builds.

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
Started updating to this but realized I don’t really have anything wrong with 12.3.1, along with the fact that this is a “d” build made me hold off for the final. This doesn’t sound like it’s meant to bring any improvements or anything over 12.3.1 (except the Apple Card stuff) and I’d rather not risk running into issues that may be lingering still that they haven’t caught yet

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I haven’t had any issues on the 12.4 beta. For the first time, I’m going to hold off on jumping on beta version of the fall’s iOS software update.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
For me, CarPlay disconnects at random intervals, kind of frequently. If I unplug, wait a minute, and plug back in, it’ll usually work again—until it doesn’t.

It might not be this beta, I know lots of folks here have mentioned CarPlay is working great for them on b5, but I’ve experienced far more disconnections every day since installing b5 than previously.

Otherwise, everything else is working great, and very good battery life.

Xs Max, Verizon, 2018 Subaru Outback.

Reported.

Cameront1993

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2019
For me, CarPlay disconnects at random intervals, kind of frequently. If I unplug, wait a minute, and plug back in, it’ll usually work again—until it doesn’t.

It might not be this beta, I know lots of folks here have mentioned CarPlay is working great for them on b5, but I’ve experienced far more disconnections every day since installing b5 than previously.

Otherwise, everything else is working great, and very good battery life.

Xs Max, Verizon, 2018 Subaru Outback.

Reported.
Really? My battery life hasn’t been good on beta 5 on xs max

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Guess not today... Not sure what the hold up is with them. I'm sure Timmeh! is gonna wanna talk all about his shiny credit card at the quarterly earnings report so he will need some time to gather that and let everyone jump on board.

Cameront1993

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2019
Guess not today... Not sure what the hold up is with them. I'm sure Timmeh! is gonna wanna talk all about his shiny credit card at the quarterly earnings report so he will need some time to gather that and let everyone jump on board.
We still have time today

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
With the latest beta I started to see widgets loading issues again. If I open widgets page then I briefly see “tap here to set up weather” or something similar and scrolling down I see other apps’ widgets are briefly loading again. Leave widgets page for some time and the widgets reload again. Didn’t see that behaveour before beta 5.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Given the new Macs out today wouldn't put it past Apple to time the release of those machines this week with a release today or tomorrow...

Cameront1993

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2019
With the latest beta I started to see widgets loading issues again. If I open widgets page then I briefly see “tap here to set up weather” or something similar and scrolling down I see other apps’ widgets are briefly loading again. Leave widgets page for some time and the widgets reload again. Didn’t see that behaveour before beta 5.
Beta 5 battery seems worse then beta 4 hopefully it gets fixed xs max here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.