Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

M-Life

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Hol-Leawood
I'm ready to be entertained by the credit limit imposed by them. From what was said about a $1,000 credit limit, don't waste my time with those terrible benefits. The integration with the wallet will be cool, but how long till other banks ask to be included for a "nominal fee" paid to apple? Say 30%? LOL

I'm assuming the credit limit will vary based upon credit-worthiness, just like any other credit card.

Why would this be different?

Probably a topic for another thread though.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
I'm ready to be entertained by the credit limit imposed by them. From what was said about a $1,000 credit limit, don't waste my time with those terrible benefits. The integration with the wallet will be cool, but how long till other banks ask to be included for a "nominal fee" paid to apple? Say 30%? LOL

The quote you’re referring to about the $1,000 credit limit literally said in the paragraph that it was for a person with a 600 something credit score.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

MarkSta69

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2017
Text message read status not syncing to iPad

When I read a text message that is not an iMessage on my iPhone it doesn’t show as read on my iPad.
It works correctly from iPad to iPhone but not vice versa and iMessages sync correctly both ways.

When I check my iPad, all my messages that I’ve read on my iPhone show up unchecked except for the iMessages.

Anyone experiencing this?

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Screen time is also showing odd values. It shows 3m but I’ve used the phone for more than 20m.

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
Text message read status not syncing to iPad

When I read a text message that is not an iMessage on my iPhone it doesn’t show as read on my iPad.
It works correctly from iPad to iPhone but not vice versa and iMessages sync correctly both ways.

When I check my iPad, all my messages that I’ve read on my iPhone show up unchecked except for the iMessages.

Anyone experiencing this?

Yes, my Apple watch also has these issues. I think mine actually started in 12.3 or 12.3.1, can't remember. Really hoping this gets fixed soon.

TheByteSmasher

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Atlantis
I have an old iPhone SE that I install betas on. My main XS doesn't touch betas anymore, not after my fiasco last year.
[doublepost=1562695814][/doublepost]
It's because it has never happened before. The only time it has happened is when they have released a public release and then a new beta in the same week. But they have not released a beta and then the final of the same version in the same week.

The one and only exception was iOS 11.2 because of the Daylight savings bug. It was released at Midnight on Saturday because phones were in a constant re-spring loop. But absent that emergency, it hasn't happened.
I remember quite a few times they released a final beta on Monday and then a stable release the same week. Once in Mon & Tues and the other a wed or Thurs.. i watch the beta threads but don't beta anymore. Maybe y'all haven't realized it because the day they release stable, often the next rev beta is out also

tjayMBA

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2018
Yes, my Apple watch also has these issues. I think mine actually started in 12.3 or 12.3.1, can't remember. Really hoping this gets fixed soon.
Oddly enough, I was having the same issue with my Apple Watch Series 0 (I know, I know) not syncing properly with the 12.4 betas. Finally picked up a series 4 yesterday and everything works great.

TheByteSmasher

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Atlantis
Oddly enough, I was having the same issue with my Apple Watch Series 0 (I know, I know) not syncing properly with the 12.4 betas. Finally picked up a series 4 yesterday and everything works great.

I've read somewhere it's an iOS issue and it's fixed in 13.

MarkSta69

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2017
I think mine started with 12.3.1 as well. I changed the wake screen setting on my Apple Watch to “while in session” and it now syncs correctly with my iPhone. I just can’t get the text messages that aren’t iMessage to sync the read status from iPhone to iPad.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I remember quite a few times they released a final beta on Monday and then a stable release the same week. Once in Mon & Tues and the other a wed or Thurs.. i watch the beta threads but don't beta anymore. Maybe y'all haven't realized it because the day they release stable, often the next rev beta is out also
Do you have any sources for these claims? This is the one thing I have paid attention to for a decade now. My post history proves that as well.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
Not sure if Verizon is playing games with me, but I am getting really could LTE rates with this beta.

I only jumped on the 12.4 betas at Beta 5. I did not speed test that version.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
They will release 12.4 tomorrow or next week given this is an A build and no real issues seem prevalent vs what's in 12.3.1. Focus is going to shift to iOS 13 and these teams will be all hands on deck for the deadline there. Barring no show stoppers of course. But pretty sure iOS 12 as we know it is buttoned up and ready to sing its last song.

JMacIV

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2016
Atlanta
Battery life has been outstanding for me today. Off the charger at 0700 and currently at 78% with typical moderate usage. I'm usually around 60% this time of day.
Hope that is the case! I didn’t even realize it, but i think my b5 battery life on my XS was trash. Just read that comment and thought to myself "I have been charging my phone a lot recently..." updating now.

Last edited:

camilaacolide

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2014
After iOS 12.3.1, whenever I come to macrumors site and click on the search lens or start writing a post, Safari always highlights mispelled words with red, even when the Check Spelling setting in the Keyboard is disabled. Could anyone confirm if this bug is fixed please? :)

Cameront1993

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2019
Hope that is the case! I didn’t even realize it, but i think my b5 battery life on my XS was trash. Just read that comment and thought to myself "I have been charging my phone a lot recently..." updating now.
Beta 5 battery sucked for me too

AhRiHmAn

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2016
France
I’ve installed it because I was tired of the freezes in app store and setting when launching them, and guess what ? There are still in 12.4 b6.....iOS 13 maybe ?

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I'm still thinking tomorrow is possible. Yeah yeah, historical releases. Whatever. They've released updates 3 days after betas in the past, and it's not like they have a commandment written down saying "thou shalt not release a public software update the same week as a beta".

The build number suggests the latest beta is what everyone else is getting. Not too far fetched. The walkie talkie bug will probably be fixed in a separate update.

AhRiHmAn

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2016
France
I'm still thinking tomorrow is possible. Yeah yeah, historical releases. Whatever. They've released updates 3 days after betas in the past, and it's not like they have a commandment written down saying "thou shalt not release a public software update the same week as a beta".

The build number suggests the latest beta is what everyone else is getting. Not too far fetched. The walkie talkie bug will probably be fixed in a separate update.

This is not the « speculation thread » ;)

JMacIV

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2016
Atlanta
Beta 5 battery sucked for me too
I'm less than 24 hours into b6 on my XS, but will say battery life is already considerably better than b5. Phone has been off the charger for like 6 hours today and am only down about 20%. That is with almost constant music since then (over AirPods or Beats Studio), broken up by 2-3 30 min phone calls, some instagramming and other stuff. Much improved!

However, my phone did just have a complete crash. Didn't see that in b5. I reported the crash to Apple. Was using Arrive app, while listening to a podcast over Bluetooth. Arrive crashed, taking me back to home screen, then I locked the screen. About 30 seconds later, I tried to use the phone. It would not respond to touch or button press, nor buttons on Beats. After about 15 seconds of that, it crashed to the gray spinner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.