Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
Phone Bug

If u make a call
Then go to your home screen while still on the call
Tap the phone app
It makes 2 instances of the phone app
(See picture)
Active call on the right
Dialer on the left of it

View attachment 850601

I don’t think this is a bug, but new behavior. To return to the actual call screen you need to tap the green phone icon in top left when on home screen.

At least it’s been like this for awhile.

soanis

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
Europe
anyone else getting a different vibe than before from their home button (iPhone8) without touching their „click“ setting after the update?

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
anyone else getting a different vibe than before from their home button (iPhone8) without touching their „click“ setting after the update?

I didn’t notice that on my 8. How like you say it’s different? The pattern?

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN

Not sure if it’s related to the update or not, but I did just recently switch from setting 3 to setting 2 on my iPhone 7 because it felt better to me for some reason (more so than it had before). Again, not sure if it’s related to the update or not but I didn’t switch back to 2 until after 12.4...

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
Not sure if it’s related to the update or not, but I did just recently switch from setting 3 to setting 2 on my iPhone 7 because it felt better to me for some reason (more so than it had before). Again, not sure if it’s related to the update or not but I didn’t switch back to 2 until after 12.4...

Do you have the 8 plus? I have the smaller sized 8.

I notice that my gf’s 7 plus has a much stronger haptic feedback then my smaller 8. Not sure if that’s because of the 7’s size or if they used a different electro magnet in the 7 line of phones. I believe the magnet is bigger in the plus sized phones, but I’m not 100% on that.

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
Do you have the 8 plus? I have the smaller sized 8.

I notice that my gf’s 7 plus has a much stronger haptic feedback then my smaller 8. Not sure if that’s because of the 7’s size or if they used a different electro magnet in the 7 line of phones. I believe the magnet is bigger in the plus sized phones, but I’m not 100% on that.

Nope, regular matte black 7 32GB Verizon unlocked.

soanis

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
Europe
I didn’t notice that on my 8. How like you say it’s different? The pattern?

It just seems to me that right after the update setting 2 feels a bit more shallow, more numb if I may put it. Setting one is too shallow for me, I tried changing to 3 but that had too much of a kick to it and it felt unpleasant compared to what I was used to previously.

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
It just seems to me that right after the update setting 2 feels a bit more shallow, more numb if I may put it. Setting one is too shallow for me, I tried changing to 3 but that had too much of a kick to it and it felt unpleasant compared to what I was used to previously.

I think this is something I noticed as well on setting 2, which is why I switched from 3. Having used 2 for 2 days now I’m not sure why I liked 3 so much lol.

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
I have a iPhone Xs and I am still on 12.3.1. Do you guys advise upgrading to 12.4? What are the pros and cons of the update so far? Thanks ahead of time.

BBDDVV

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
I have a iPhone Xs and I am still on 12.3.1. Do you guys advise upgrading to 12.4? What are the pros and cons of the update so far? Thanks ahead of time.
No (new) issues for me (also Xs); battery life is still (very) good.
You also get some security patches and most likely some other stuff, like e.g. 12.4 seems to significantly improve/fix wireless CarPlay stability in combination with BMW iDrive 7...

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
You also get some security patches and most likely some other stuff, like e.g. 12.4 seems to significantly improve/fix wireless CarPlay stability in combination with BMW iDrive 7...

Thanks for the reply, I will update tonight

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
12.4 is pretty solid for me. I only have 2 small bugs remaining.
1). Sometimes when on the home screen I swipe down on the screen to get the search bar and sometimes the keyboard doesn't pop up or it pops up briefly and I have to try again.
2). When tying on the keyboard esp in messages sometimes one if the keys will stay popped up (the letter) even when I hit other keys.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
I happened to come across a hidden change in iOS 12.4 that no one has mentioned yet, and it's in the wallet section of the watch app: starting in iOS 12.4, tapping on the merchant name below the map thumbnail in the details page of a recent transaction opens the Maps app to show the listing and location for that merchant (if the merchant was fully identified and located). Previously, tapping on the merchant name under the map thumbnail in the transaction details page only showed the merchant's Maps listing and it did so within the watch app, without opening the actual Maps app. Strangely, however, Apple only made the change in wallet for Apple Watch, but not in the iPhone's regular wallet app.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
WHen i turn on iPhone at ceratil stages (eg if its been powered off for a few minutes), when i turn it back on, sometime i will briefly get 1% battery charge, then it will jump to accurate battery reporting.. Also sometimes when powwering on "No service" even on Home screen both of these issues matter for a few seconds.

Apple backs this up as a "POST" (before the OS boots its inaccuratly) like like a typical computer rpeorting before the OS is loaded. falsly..

However, my concluton is its iOS.14.4 update, because it never happened before..

I tried Network reset settings, and erase all content and settings.. Didn't help
Anyone else finding this to be known?

HajiDiRobertis

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2016
montreal, qc
Plugging into car USB Freezes.

Anyone else have this issue? Was not a problem with all releases previous to 12.4. I have a 2013 Lexus where connecting an iPhone (in this case iPhone 8) via USB enables all iPod functions along with the USB hands free functions. Now when I connect it before turning on the car or after turning on the car either has an issue where it connects as an iPod 30% of the time. If I try to use Siri it freezes the phone 100% of the time and requires a hard reset. Yes I tried using different apple cables and have the same issue.

Was flawless previously and now functionality varies from zero to 100%; even after multiple hard resets.

Cheers,
AJ

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
iOS 12.4 deleted ALL my music and many photos, the resting photos now have all completely false timestamps.... obviously, I am not the only one experiencing this...this update is a piece of sh**

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...killed-my-music-and-messed-my-photos.2192934/
Looks like the problem isn't that common, though. I updated both of my devices (iPhone XS and iPad Pro 10.5") and I had no issues with my photos or music. And yours is really the first comment I read around here regarding issues with music and photos after updating to iOS 12.4, so I guess only a few users had those issues.

Reactions: atlchamp

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
12.4 has been very stable for me on all of my devices.
The one thing that still happens on my iPhone X (and has been going on for a few releases now), is the keyboard occasionally disappearing when swiping down on home screen for Search.
Is this a common issue, and is there any known workaround?

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
12.4 has been very stable for me on all of my devices.
The one thing that still happens on my iPhone X (and has been going on for a few releases now), is the keyboard occasionally disappearing when swiping down on home screen for Search.
Is this a common issue, and is there any known workaround?

Yeah it is a bug caused by having an alphanumeric password. It has been going on for a few releases now. Change to a numeric password and you will notice the bug doesn't happen. I still have an alphanumeric password anyway.

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Yeah it is a bug caused by having an alphanumeric password. It has been going on for a few releases now. Change to a numeric password and you will notice the bug doesn't happen. I still have an alphanumeric password anyway.

Never had an alphanumeric password... it doesn’t happen all the time, but still annoying!

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
I have the same issue. I was using Alpha numeric passcode and got strange key pop ups and the keyboard going up and down when in imessage. By using numeric passcode that's all fixed but the keyboard not coming up when searching from the home screen at times. I don't know why Apple cant fix these small bugs.
Never had an alphanumeric password... it doesn’t happen all the time, but still annoying!

Susu01

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2019
Since this update my iphone xs started stuttering while scrolling or opening/ closing, switching thru apps . I hate it and it's so annoying. Anyone with the same problem? It used to be a perfect phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.