Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coffman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2021
IOS 12.5.4 for older I-Pad Mini...lost functionality for "Yahoo-e-mail" after latest download. Any ideas on how to fix???

Last edited by a moderator:

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Might help to provide some extra detail re: what "lost functionality" is. App crashes? Can't sign-in? Not downloading emails? Other?

Coffman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2021
Was told by AT&T tech (at store) that the IOS 12.5.4 download had a security element in it that rendered my older I-Pad unable to enter or change a password in order to use "Yahoo Mail" . Same thing happened to my I-Phone 6 when I downloaded the same version. Wound up having to purchase a new I-Phone (not a new one, but I-Phone 7). Don't want to buy a new I-Pad! Still having to pay "access fees", on it though. Texting, calling, and Facetime work OK, but not E-Mail....

Bubble99

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2015
Might help to provide some extra detail re: what "lost functionality" is. App crashes? Can't sign-in? Not downloading emails? Other?
Yes I’m not sure if OP is using yahoo mail app to sign in or the browser app to sign in to OP mail.

May have to update yahoo mail app if the older version as security problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.