Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Hi,

I upgraded to Beta 2 just now. According to a friend my iMessage started sending out messages from my iCloud email rather than my phone number. I looked at my iDevices and I cannot send new messages from my phone number as an option.

Anyone else having this issue? Thought I would ask because it might be a big problem.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Always do a little soft reset (think that is the right term) after an update. It can clear up a lot of little bugs.

Reactions: utwarreng

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
When I installed beta 2 on my iPhone 7, I was signed out of iMessage on my Mac. I did not notice a problem on my phone, and everything seems to be working.

RPB65

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2017
I rebooted my iPhone, it activated my phone number and my iPad prompted to add it as well.

This didn't work for me. iMessage still going from email address. I am unable to select my phone number to send from.
Also, after a reboot, the phone does not being up the SIM unlock screen automatically. I am having to enter settings and sort this out myself.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
Hi,

I upgraded to Beta 2 just now. According to a friend my iMessage started sending out messages from my iCloud email rather than my phone number. I looked at my iDevices and I cannot send new messages from my phone number as an option.

Anyone else having this issue? Thought I would ask because it might be a big problem.

I had the same issue. The fix was deleting all of my message threads and starting new ones. The new threads all sent from my phone number as I have it configured in messages and on the other user's device my messages go into their existing threads with me. The downside is I lost all my message history but hey it's worth it to be an early adopter.

RPB65

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2017
iMessage fix for me - having already rebooted twice....
untick email options for iMessage so only number is left. I sent my wife test messages. They started to appear from my name instead of my email address.
Re-tick email address and send another message.
Message was still received in my name so i'm calling this fixed! LOL

S8ER01Z

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
I had this issue and the fix was quick and easy on my end. This update enabled the iMessage toggle in my iCloud settings which I never setup or intended on using.

I disabled it and everything was immediately back to normal.

Higgalo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2018
Hi,

I’m not having that issue exactly, but I have 3 phones all on 12 beta on my account and now when I message one of the other 2 it goes to the wrong one. If I message the other phone, the the line to who I’m sending to switches by itself. I’ve re-set all of them. Turned off and on iMessages, made sure the correct numbers were selected under the to and from settings for iMessages, and have turned off messages in the cloud. Not sure what I’m missing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.