Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SweeneyD24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Mauritius
My boss ordered and just received his iPhone 8 for work and the first thing I noticed while setting up the device is that the font (iOS interface in general) is much more sleek than my iPhone X. The app icons are pretty much the same but the interface when you open Messages or Whatsapp is slightly different. Like I said, the fonts seems to be Light compared to my iPhone.

I tried to google it but couldn't find anything mentioning the difference in interface for both devices. I really like the interface and would like to have same on my iPhone X.

Can anyone confirm the above?

For info, I bought my iPhone X in France and he got his iPhone 8 from our local carrier. He didn't install any interface/font app or whatsoever.

SweeneyD24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Mauritius
What version of iOS are they running? Apple might have changed it between iOS versions.
iOS12.1. I got it. You guys might wanna reduce your font size a bit. The interface will adapt and change a bit as well depending on the font size.
It gives a really sleek and fresh user experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.