Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
It’s appears the last beta released was the final GM. 16A366. I uninstalled the beta client after I updated to this. Will Monday’s official release show as an update?

My concern is that I have the Max coming Friday. My backups are from this version. I know in the past that trying to restore a new phone to a backup with a newer version requires an update if the new phone first. I’m concerned my backup will be a beta and there might be some issues. If the official shows up as an update Monday I’m good.

Thoughts?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Didn’t quite follow everything but. If you’re on GM (16A366) you won’t see an update on Monday.

Doesn’t matter if your backup is from the last beta or the GM, you will be able to restore it on your new iPhone.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Didn’t quite follow everything but. If you’re on GM (16A366) you won’t see an update on Monday.

Doesn’t matter if your backup is from the last beta or the GM, you will be able to restore it on your new iPhone.

Cool, that’s what I was looking for. Sorry I was a bit all over the place. Thank you.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
That’s incorrect at this point.
Try to rate or review with it, it won’t stay, else they will allow it later.

* Edit: Ohh it seems to be working now, yesterday I was getting a Message that it’s not allowed to review with a iOS beta.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.