Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbasra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Hi,

I am having some woes using Call forwarding with IOS 12, and perhaps UK Vodafone.

At first, once updating to IOS 12 on my iPhone X, I had to keep re-entering the number I want to forward the calls too. This was not the case with IOS 11 as it remembered the last number used.

I then switched iPhones from X to XS MAX - Backed up the iPhone X and restored onto XS MAX and the same issue persisted until now.

Now it won't even allow calls to be forwarded. I enable call forwarding, enter the number and then it switches back off. If i re-enable it again and reenter the number, it switches back off immedaitely again.

I've rebooted, turnoff\on, hard reset the phone, used +44 #######, 0044##### with no luck.

Any idea's. Bug in IOS 12?

Many thanks in advanced.

bbasra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Just tired it on my son's 6 plus and works with IOS.

Not sure what the issue is on my X and XS Max. Just tried resetting all settings too with no such luck.

archvile

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
Just tired it on my son's 6 plus and works with IOS.

Not sure what the issue is on my X and XS Max. Just tried resetting all settings too with no such luck.

Did you do a reset Network settings?

Wentzelg

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2014
Hi,

I am having some woes using Call forwarding with IOS 12, and perhaps UK Vodafone.

At first, once updating to IOS 12 on my iPhone X, I had to keep re-entering the number I want to forward the calls too. This was not the case with IOS 11 as it remembered the last number used.

I then switched iPhones from X to XS MAX - Backed up the iPhone X and restored onto XS MAX and the same issue persisted until now.

Now it won't even allow calls to be forwarded. I enable call forwarding, enter the number and then it switches back off. If i re-enable it again and reenter the number, it switches back off immedaitely again.

I've rebooted, turnoff\on, hard reset the phone, used +44 #######, 0044##### with no luck.

Any idea's. Bug in IOS 12?

Many thanks in advanced.

I use the gsm codes and have a contact called call forward and cancel forward. I have them as favorites. works well for me with iOS 12 also.

code is:
**21*NUMBER#
cancel is #21#

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.