Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RudySnow

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 27, 2016
Tyler, TX
I expected issues when installing a public beta.

I’ve noticed that my Apple Watch Series 0 no longer receives third-party notifications, nor does my watch “retain” notifications I may have missed but want to read later.

Are others having these issues? Is the reason because third-party developers need to update their apps for iOS 12 compatibility? Or should I just expect that iOS 12 will never “fix” these issues on the original watch?

My thanks in advance.

Andropov

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2012
Spain
Just tried and I had no problem receiving WhatsApp and Telegram notifications in my original Apple Watch through an iPhone 7 running iOS 12 (latest beta).

appleisoverrated

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2018
I have had the same problem. I just reset my apple watch to see if that fixes it.

Edit: Series 3, but iOS 12 problem

jonarogers

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2017
Los Angeles
I too have this problem. Series 3 LTE, Running 4.3.1, iOS 12 PB1. People on the iOS Beta Reddit are also experiencing this problem. I would report it in the the feedback app to make sure it gets attention, but the working theory is the old WatchOS 4 is incompatible with how iOS 12 is grouping notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.