Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ovo6

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2015
Seeing all the bugs that are apparently in 13.1b4 makes me reeeeeally hope this isn't what gets released tomorrow. I've had a few minor glitches with 13.0 on my new iPhone 11 Pro but they seem like nothing compared to what's mentioned in this thread.
iOS 13.1 is way better than 13.0 my phone faster

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
If running Beta 4 will the GM today have a different build number, IE: will beta 4 users be able to update to the official 13.1 release. I would think so, but...

If the build number of the public release is higher, then devices running beta 4 will be able to update to it. If you want to do this, make sure to remove the beta profile and then restart your device.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Because Samsung phones suck. I’ve been a long time android user until about a month ago. I switched because it was convenient. I was given a free iPhone 7 to replace my HTC 10 that had gotten to a 50% battery capacity.

The people that compare iPhones to “Samsung” are the problem. Samsung phones do not represent Android. Samsung has the worst UI, and worst bloat of ALL Android devices.
I still have an HTC One M8 that is beautiful, and fast running Android 9 (another nice thing about Android is that the phones software support is only as big as the community. Which happens to be big) that gets better battery life than an off the shelf iPhone 11. If it wasn’t locked to Sprint I’d be using that.

Stop using crapsung as the example for Android.
You're right. All Samsungs are Android but not all Androids are Samsung. But in all fairness, at least here in the US, if you're seeing an ad for an Android phone it's most likely a Samsung (or the occasional Pixel).

Aquamite

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
I guess we can’t expect iOS 13.1 to be released today alongside iPadOS 13, can we?

Little Angel

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2009
I got my new 11 pro today & installed the beta profile the reset to install icloud backup.

All went smoothly, however I notice that I no longer have the beta profile installed after restoring from icloud backup which was on 13.1 B4 profile.

Has anyone else seen this?

Why would the beta profile disappear?

TIA for any assistance.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
When is this going to work
a72a63a82cdb7233634166922a0d3a47.png
When people add fonts for you to buy from the store.
[automerge]1569337837[/automerge]
I get that mail is an important app. I get that it’s a system app. I get that it has many bugs in its present form. But what I don’t get is why anyone who’s serious about email is still using it.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Can anybody explain how to get Safari tab sync to work again? I read some place that sync doesn’t work between an unreleased iOS/Mac and released software. iOS 13 is now released but the sync still doesn’t work between my iPhone and Mac (10.12.6). It worked up to 12.4.1.

Last edited:

chillg8r

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Durham,NC
Seems like I’m the outlier. This version is just chewing through my battery!! XSMax.

My battery life seems to be fine all day but I lose 25-30% at night while I’m sleeping???? On IOS 12 I’d lose ~5%.....I’ve tried all of the tricks wrt location, background refreshing, Siri etc.......

chillg8r

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Durham,NC
SMS On iPad Pro 11
SMS messages are not working. When trying to send one, the green status bar at the top never completes and the message never sends. Also, SMS works on my iPhone XS Max but they never sync and show up on my iPad after being sent from the iPhone.
iMessages work correctly.

Has anyone experienced this?

This happened to me and I had to go into my iPhone settings and change the setting for message forwarding. They mush have changed when my iPhone updated to 13.4

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
UK
Can anybody explain how to get Safari tab sync to work again? I read some place that sync doesn’t work between a not unreleased iOS/Mac and released software. iOS 13 is now released but the sync still doesn’t work between my iPhone and Mac (10.12.6). It worked up to 12.4.1.

Sign out of iCloud on Mac. I do this when universal /clipboardcopy isn't working. Always fixes it.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
XS Max PB4
Last couple of days I am getting frequent wifi data fails. It shows and says connected however no data is flowing. If I toggle wifi Off/On wifi starts to work. Interestingly my IPP on PB4 does not exhibit this issue.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Can I activate and use a new Apple Watch 5 on the public release in combination with an iPhone being on the latest iOS 13.1 beta? Maybe a stupid question but I didn’t follow much in regards of the watch since my series 0 wasn’t capable of running watchOS 6 anyway ?

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
Can I activate and use a new Apple Watch 5 on the public release in combination with an iPhone being on the latest iOS 13.1 beta? Maybe a stupid question but I didn’t follow much in regards of the watch since my series 0 wasn’t capable of running watchOS 6 anyway

Sure can!

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I got my new 11 pro today & installed the beta profile the reset to install icloud backup.

All went smoothly, however I notice that I no longer have the beta profile installed after restoring from icloud backup which was on 13.1 B4 profile.

Has anyone else seen this?

Why would the beta profile disappear?

TIA for any assistance.

Did you have the beta profile installed on your old phone?

If you did, it's also possible that beta profiles have a bit set to not be backed up.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
From start to finish the iOS13 launch has been and continues to be a mess. I cannot believe they stopped working on 13.1 at beta 4. It needed at least a couple more weeks to be sorted out.

It’s still loaded with bugs. My WiFi calling is shaky at best and doesn’t connect half of the time (never had this issue before), I have no live wallpapers (all removed) and Siri announcing messages never came back. Mail is still a mess and Apple should be ashamed for dumping this mess on the masses. Not a good start for 13, at all.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
From start to finish the iOS13 launch has been and continues to be a mess. I cannot believe they stopped working on 13.1 at beta 4. It needed at least a couple more weeks to be sorted out.

It’s still loaded with bugs. My WiFi calling is shaky at best and doesn’t connect half of the time (never had this issue before), I have no live wallpapers (all removed) and Siri announcing messages never came back. Mail is still a mess and Apple should be ashamed for dumping this mess on the masses. Not a good start for 13, at all.

I did a clean install of 13.0 on Sunday on my 11 Max and it running surprisingly smooth... Fingers crossed 13.1 makes it even smoother lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.