Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sslade6752

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
After the iOS 13.1 update I noticed in Apple health results that are imported from medical facilities have kidney results with politically incorrect labels. 12.4.1 and previous Apple health versions had efgr labeled as the medical standard efgr African American and non African American
B052D152-A33F-4B77-9E42-9161879D7C9B.png
3547FD73-3593-4C19-B88B-F62A3A9E285B.png
post ios 13 Apple health shows reports from quest diagnostics now has efgr labeled as efgr Blacks snd efgr non African American.

Dignity healthcare has efgr labeled as efgr Blacks and efgr non blacks

some people might get triggered

PeterRollback

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2015
Arizona
After the iOS 13.1 update I noticed in Apple health results that are imported from medical facilities have kidney results with politically incorrect labels. 12.4.1 and previous Apple health versions had efgr labeled as the medical standard efgr African American and non African American
View attachment 863314 View attachment 863315 post ios 13 Apple health shows reports from quest diagnostics now has efgr labeled as efgr Blacks snd efgr non African American.

Dignity healthcare has efgr labeled as efgr Blacks and efgr non blacks

some people might get triggered
Please shut up... we don’t live in a world where everything has to be “politically correct”.

NBAasDOGG

Suspended
May 27, 2017
Netherlands
While scientists are in the frontier of innovation and discovering the mysteries of the universe, the average Joe and religious people are still debating about the proper use of genitals and political correctness... SHAME!

tehreflex

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
Not to bring political views into this but as a "left liberal" even this is pushing it. Not everything needs to be "politically correct". Stop being offended by everything.

Reactions: MarioPhone96

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
First, not everyone is American. Second, even in America roughly half of all black people prefer to just use the term black over African American.

Reactions: orbital~debris

ashton18

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2014
Atlanta / Los Angeles
This reminds me of when I heard an American tourist in the UK refer to a black person (who was also from the UK) as African American. The poor guy was so confused.

“Black” isn’t a bad word.

And a little something that might blow OPs brain is the fact that Elon Musk and Charlize Theron are African American. Even more so than the majority of black people in the States.

Reactions: orbital~debris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.