Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Since installing 13.1 I am having a constant issue when trying to perform an iCloud backup.
Each time after it starts the backup it then gets to 1 minute remaining but this then remains at 1 minute sometimes for over 30 minutes but then ends giving me a warning
”Backup not complete, some files were not backed up”. It then gives me a date of the last successful backup which was prior to 13.1

is anyone else suffering from this or have an answer please?

Edited: Title changed and found the answer at Post 6.
Edited 2: Fixed with iOS 13.1.2. Title changed to reflect now fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chevysales

alted1

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2019
Similar to me
1569657111426.png
I updated to 13.1 in September, 24.

Today I updated to 13.1.1. I tried a new backup. Is flawless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beards

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Similar to me
View attachment 864423
I updated to 13.1 in September, 24.

Today I updated to 13.1.1. I tried a new backup. Is flawless.
BRILLIANT....Many thanks.
What you were experiencing is exactly the same as mine, word for word.
I did not even realise there was another update already out. Downloading now and will edit this post later.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Well, I installed 13.1.1 and ran Backup again..... Unfortunately, no change. It’s been stuck at “About 1 minute remaining” for the last 23 minutes and I know what’s coming next. ?

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Hmmmmmm. Just noticed my phone has not performed a backup since the pro came out.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Hmmmmmm. Just noticed my phone has not performed a backup since the pro came out.

This is most definitely a bug..
reason I say this is I have just tried it again, only this time after it sat at “About 1 minute remaining” I then pressed [< iCloud] top left to go back (not Cancel) then went back to iCloud Backup and it then showed me the backup had indeed completed.
it would appear that information of “About 1 minute remaining” is false and that although the backup has completed the screen does not change to ”Backup Complete”.

Edited:
Most users will most probably not notice this error. To see the error you have to select “Backup Now” and remain on the iCloud Backup window. Don’t go back or go to any other screen. You can power down but when you power back up just ensure it instantly shows the same screen you last looked at. If the then tap [<iCloud] at the top left then go back in again to iCloud Backup you will see the backup did indeed complete.

Last edited:

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
This is most definitely a bug..
reason I say this is I have just tried it again, only this time after it sat at “About 1 minute remaining” I then pressed [< iCloud] top left to go back (not Cancel) then went back to iCloud Backup and it then showed me the backup had indeed completed.
it would appear that information of “About 1 minute remaining” is false and that although the backup has completed the screen does not change to ”Backup Complete”.

Edited:
Most users will most probably not notice this error. To see the error you have to select “Backup Now” and remain on the iCloud Backup window. Don’t go back or go to any other screen. You can power down but when you power back up just ensure it instantly shows the same screen you last looked at. If the then tap [<iCloud] at the top left then go back in again to iCloud Backup you will see the backup did indeed complete.
Same here. If you watch it it just stays on 1 minute remaining. Updating iCloud. But go back or exit out and it says it’s done just fine. Deleting backup and starting new doesn’t improve it. Seems to work fine though.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
This happened to me yesterday when trying to restore my old 6s. It was stuck at one minute for a long time and eventually it kept going up until it was at 20 minutes. I cancelled it and tried again and it did work the second time.

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
Since installing 13.1 I am having a constant issue when trying to perform an iCloud backup.
Each time after it starts the backup it then gets to 1 minute remaining but this then remains at 1 minute sometimes for over 30 minutes but then ends giving me a warning
”Backup not complete, some files were not backed up”. It then gives me a date of the last successful backup which was prior to 13.1

is anyone else suffering from this or have an answer please?

Edited: Title changed and found the answer at Post 6.

Looooong time lurker who finally joined after reading this issue.

So i googled and googled thinking i was nuts... I wasn't ;).

I upgrade each year and normally setup as new phone as most stuff from iCloud automatically populates new phone just as if i restored from backup along with generally being less problematic.

This time i wanted to test the new setup Apple has given us... and restore from backup once it did all the quick setup offered. Seemed ok as all I had to do was resign into about 60-70 apps.

Got all setup and plug into MacBook for sync and backup... when it came to iCloud backup it just kept spinning while hung on 1 minute remaining. So I backed out instead of canceling and went back to try again but immediately noticed it was finished and with a time stamp showing.

I went into iCloud management and deleted backup from XS Max which showed same 1.2 gb size as new 11 Pro Max.

Still have this Issue and see it gets within 1/8" of finishing every time since.

I am one that hates these things but wonder it must not be too wide spread as at very least we would see more google hits on "backup not completing".

Anyhow thanks to OP for posting and add me to list

Last edited:

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
Thanks just saw that. ?
Also noticed Micky and Minnie didn’t tell me time so update for watch too.

EDIT: I'm fixed too. thanks for the heads up

Last edited:

matthewa

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2019
image.jpg
Ive been trying to do erase all content and settings but when I click backup, it juststays on this. any help?
[automerge]1571548747[/automerge]
I really could use some help, please.

Reactions: 22hand

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
Never seen this.

But you are better off starting a new thread for your issue as it doesn’t pertain to this one.

Chances are you will get help you need that way.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.