Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I updated my iPhone 7 Plus from iOS 12.4.1 to 13.1 this evening. At first things seemed fine, but I found at some point I had no network connectivity. I tried to go into settings to the Wifi settings, but tapping Wifi in settings caused the settings app to hang and crash. I then tried using control center to access the new iOS 13 Wifi network chooser. This was worse as the phone did a respring but never recovered. The phone got quite hot so I had to hard reset it.

I figured this was a fluke since after I reboot I downloaded apps and did other stuff like control my Apple TV, but within an hour the network died again. This time I tried toggling Airplane mode, but that doesn’t turn off Wifi. I tried to toggle that as well, but it kept turning back on. Again the phone was hot. Finally I turned the phone off and on.

Things after that worked for about 5 to 10 minutes before Wifi died again. Phone was hot again. Ended up hard resetting again.

That was 3 instanced in under 2 hours where the phone lost network and I needed to reboot.

I thought it happened again because the setting app hung when I tried to go into Wifi settings, but I killed it and opened it again and it worked.

I contacted Apple and they pulled logs since they had no clue as to why this would happen. So far it’s been 3 hours and I haven’t had the problem again yet, so maybe it was something happening after the upgrade, but I’ve never been unable to turn off Wifi before.

I also updated my iPad Air 2, but haven’t had any problems.

Anyone else see this?

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
I updated my iPhone 7 Plus from iOS 12.4.1 to 13.1 this evening. At first things seemed fine, but I found at some point I had no network connectivity. I tried to go into settings to the Wifi settings, but tapping Wifi in settings caused the settings app to hang and crash. I then tried using control center to access the new iOS 13 Wifi network chooser. This was worse as the phone did a respring but never recovered. The phone got quite hot so I had to hard reset it.

I figured this was a fluke since after I reboot I downloaded apps and did other stuff like control my Apple TV, but within an hour the network died again. This time I tried toggling Airplane mode, but that doesn’t turn off Wifi. I tried to toggle that as well, but it kept turning back on. Again the phone was hot. Finally I turned the phone off and on.

Things after that worked for about 5 to 10 minutes before Wifi died again. Phone was hot again. Ended up hard resetting again.

That was 3 instanced in under 2 hours where the phone lost network and I needed to reboot.

I thought it happened again because the setting app hung when I tried to go into Wifi settings, but I killed it and opened it again and it worked.

I contacted Apple and they pulled logs since they had no clue as to why this would happen. So far it’s been 3 hours and I haven’t had the problem again yet, so maybe it was something happening after the upgrade, but I’ve never been unable to turn off Wifi before.

I also updated my iPad Air 2, but haven’t had any problems.

Anyone else see this?
Something similar happened to me on my 11 pro Max. I wished I didn’t upgrade, Apple Arcade games can’t load either. :(

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
This happened again this morning only this time I wasn't on WiFi, I was on cellular. Anything that tried to use the network just hung. I decided to try and Reset Network Settings, but that hung as well, even after rebooting.

At this point I'm doing a restore as something is obviously screwed up with my network data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.