Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I’m charging my phone always over night on the lightning dock and after 1-2 hours I’m hearing my phone vibrating very load. This normally only happens when I’m connecting my phone to something and it asks me if I can trust this device. It tells me to unlock my phone. But there isn’t a message like that. Does someone have this problem too?

Flopstar

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2017
What device? I'm seeing excellent standby time (drop of 1 or 2% overnight) on 12.9 Pro, 10.5 Pro, and XS Max phone.

XR. Falls 2-3% overnight with airplane mode on and everything turned off (which is fine), but during the day falls a lot when I'm not using it with everything on. Like at least 2-3% per hour.

Last edited:

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
XR. Falls 2-3% overnight with airplane mode on and everything turned off (which is fine), but during the day falls a lot when I'm not using it with everything on. Like at least 2-3% per hour.

1. How’s your network signal?
2. Check battery usage, see if there’s any background usage going on that you don’t like.
3. Try a full restore and see if that helps.

coffeeplease

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2019

Same here. Signals fine and battery usage shows no apps being used. It was a lot better before.

Reactions: BBDDVV

souko

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2017
For me on iPhone 11 battery drops about 1%/hour When not using. Wifi, bluetooth on. I had to restart phone twice to get mobile hotspot to work.
On iPad Pro 10.5” it is stil mess. Need restarts to fix multitasking bugs.

Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Ran into this issue again ... thought it was gone.

This is on wifi.
Trying to send MMS. The green line scrolls slowly and the send fails. Sending to an iDevice works just fine.

A reboot gains me about a 50% fail rate.
Switching to LTE grants the same.

pita ... 11 Pro Max

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hi, I’m having issues with iPad OS 13.3.1 and the Smart Keyboard Folio.

Since I updated my iPad, whenever I close the Smart Keyboard Folio the iPad doesn’t go to sleep, and whenever I open it, it doesn’t wake by itself. Also, if I push a key from the keyboard it doesn’t wake the iPad, I have to touch the screen. Before 13.3.1, when I pushed a key from the keyboard, it would wake the iPad, and unlock immediately thanks to Face ID.

Is this a known issue? Anyone knows if I will solve it next week with a clean install of iPad OS 13.4?

Thank you.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Hi, I’m having issues with iPad OS 13.3.1 and the Smart Keyboard Folio.

Since I updated my iPad, whenever I close the Smart Keyboard Folio the iPad doesn’t go to sleep, and whenever I open it, it doesn’t wake by itself. Also, if I push a key from the keyboard it doesn’t wake the iPad, I have to touch the screen. Before 13.3.1, when I pushed a key from the keyboard, it would wake the iPad, and unlock immediately thanks to Face ID.

Is this a known issue? Anyone knows if I will solve it next week with a clean install of iPad OS 13.4?

Thank you.

I've got an iPad Pro 11" and that same keyboard and haven't had this issue on iPadOS 13.3.1 or now on any of the iPadOS 13.4 betas, including the current beta set as the GM release.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I've got an iPad Pro 11" and that same keyboard and haven't had this issue on iPadOS 13.3.1 or now on any of the iPadOS 13.4 betas, including the current beta set as the GM release.
Ok, then probably a clean install will solve it, because rebooting the iPad doesn’t help.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Ok, then probably a clean install will solve it.

I've been going through some of the settings, too, and I'm not really finding anything specific to allowing or not allowing keyboard use when locked. Not sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.