Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
IPP 12.9 G2
Not much in the way of bug fixes, old bugs resurfacing nor new bugs.

Couple of observations:
1. Burning through my battery fast.
2. Transferring data in Files. iCloud is quick but all others are slow (OneDrive, Google drive, DropBox)

Outside of that so far seems to work just like .4.

Kermetajb

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2016
Background app refresh seems to be busted again. I need to open apps like files and mail for things to sync properly after running an extension or shortcut action.

Andrew.s

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Inland Empire
When I want to open a link, I tap it. When I long-press it, I want to open it in background. So, having Open as the first option in 13.4 betas is counter-intuitive (to me). I am hoping it is so for millions more, making Apple revert if this is intentional, which seems to be the case, 5 betas in.
[automerge]1583867093[/automerge]

5 betas in, it seems like it is the way they want it to be. I would love to know their reasoning to understand this better.
[automerge]1583867122[/automerge]

I now think I will enjoy 13.3.1 until iOS 14 drops.
[automerge]1583867235[/automerge]

It matters to me since I use that option a lot, and it is counter-intuitive to have Open as first option when you can simply tap the link to open it. Long-pressing indicates more, so Open in Background should be the first option when long-pressed.
[automerge]1583867351[/automerge]

In 13.4, Apple seems to be providing another way of opening a link. As always, you can open a link by tapping it straightaway, but if you are feeling more playful or have more time, you can long-press and then tap the first option which is.. Open.
My guess is that open being the first option is for accessibility purposes as Haptic Touch is an accessibility feature.

Reactions: macintoshmac

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Is anyone having issues where your AirPods (Pro, in my case) de-sync their stereo sound? This only started on this beta for me.

They get out of sync and the audio begins to sound like it's echoing. Has anyone else experienced this?

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I assure you I am actually driving on the street. It’ll do this every now and then. Started last week on the previous beta. I was at a red light in line when I took this pic, but that’s not clear from this pic. iPhone X. View attachment 898522
Happened to us both times we recently were out of town. And it only does it then; never when I am just using it as backup grrrrrrrrrrrrr

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Happened to us both times we recently were out of town. And it only does it then; never when I am just using it as backup grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Did you unplug the phone from the car and see if Maps on the phone showed the same thing?

Some (maybe most) cars utilize their own compass/gps to enhance what the phone is supplying when plugged into CarPlay. It can cause major issues...I mean more than a few feet off, like showing you in a different state!

When something like this happens, based on my past experience, it's the car's fault, not Apple Maps or the phone. Not that there can't be GPS issues with the phone, but outside of issues that occurred in early betas (for iOS12 I believe), that has not cropped up as an issue with iPhones and Maps recently that I have seen.

Reactions: macintoshmac

JemTheWire

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
So, with Apple closing all stores outside of China, do you think they will pause the release of any further betas?

I know that the users of beta software/firmware do so at their own risk, but if something does go wrong and they end up with a major problem, they won’t be able to sort it as quickly as they might have been able to otherwise.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
So, with Apple closing all stores outside of China, do you think they will pause the release of any further betas?

I know that the users of beta software/firmware do so at their own risk, but if something does go wrong and they end up with a major problem, they won’t be able to sort it as quickly as they might have been able to otherwise.

Reactions: adrianlondon

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

It would be surprising to see a new beta this week, but one never knows.

Drogba11

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2018
I’m getting a very hot battery with this beta update and a quick drain on my 11 Pro Max. I hate that I can’t revert to the previous beta release without restoring as that’s just not an option for me now. I hope they bring the next beta out soon.

Reactions: decypher44

DeadKlau5

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2016
I can't backup my iPhone 11 Pro on the latest beta. Itunes say it need a newer version, but i have the latest version (Windows 10 Pro, 12.10.4.2) installed. What can i do now?

I reinstalled itunes but didn't worked

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
I’m getting a very hot battery with this beta update and a quick drain on my 11 Pro Max. I hate that I can’t revert to the previous beta release without restoring as that’s just not an option for me now. I hope they bring the next beta out soon.

I recently reverted from Beta 5 to iOS 13.3.1 just by “updating” using the 13.3.1 IPSW. No data lost and all apps including banking ones still work. So getting back to beta 4 is not an issue.

Reactions: adrianlondon

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
What a mess this morning has been. 15 minutes late to work because my alarm didn't go off. This was a first. My buddy sent me a screenshot of an email he received regarding our gym closing indefinitely. It was a blurry unreadable mess but he said it shows perfectly clear in Messages on his end. Got into my car to drive in and my phone connected to my head unit but the audio started blasting out of the phone speakers at full volume. All info was showing correctly on the display (track title, progress, etc.). It was showing as connected in Bluetooth settings but tapping it did nothing.

Here's to hoping for a new beta. If we don't see anything today I'm reverting to 13.3.1 when I get home. I'll give me something to do since I can't lift. :confused:

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
What a mess this morning has been. 15 minutes late to work because my alarm didn't go off. This was a first. My buddy sent me a screenshot of an email he received regarding our gym closing indefinitely. It was a blurry unreadable mess but he said it shows perfectly clear in Messages on his end. Got into my car to drive in and my phone connected to my head unit but the audio started blasting out of the phone speakers at full volume. All info was showing correctly on the display (track title, progress, etc.). It was showing as connected in Bluetooth settings but tapping it did nothing.

Here's to hoping for a new beta. If we don't see anything today I'm reverting to 13.3.1 when I get home. I'll give me something to do since I can't lift. :confused:

Was your buddies device an Android? My son just bought a new Note 10 and some of the photos and all videos he sends are severely degraded in quality.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010

It is possible he had the last option checked, which is by default, to send images in low quality.

Attachments

• CCF78779-535B-49DD-94A2-14257C2027EE.png
    CCF78779-535B-49DD-94A2-14257C2027EE.png
    334.4 KB · Views: 201
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.