Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbanmacUser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
iOS 13.5 about to drop and I think in 13.4 Apple added the ability for 3rd party maps in CarPlay but I’ve yet to see Waze or Google Maps update to take advantage of this. Any other map apps added this?

Last edited:

urbanmacUser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 13.15.21.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 13.15.21.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 127

siroht

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Dallas
iOS 13.5 about to drop and I think in 13.4 Apple added the ability for 3rd party maps in CarPlay but I’ve yet to see Waze or Google Maps update to take advantage of this. Any other map apps added this?

Magic Earth maps is the only one that’s been updated to display in the dashboard in place of Apple Maps.

Reactions: urbanmacUser

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Google needs to update their app to work with this -has been discussed in other threads. Don't know why Google hasn't done the update but it is their issue

siroht

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Dallas
I've been waiting for Waze to do this since 13.4 dropped.
Every time I see a Waze update in the App Store I think 'this is it' and it isn't ?

Typically Waze will push a feature out like this to their beta group before going live with it, and so far there’s no sign that Waze is bringing this feature over any time soon since the beta group haven’t mentioned it. At least with Waze we have a way to know that they will be updating their app to support 3rd party dashboard, because it’ll be reported via Waze’s beta channel first.

Reactions: SayCheese

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
Typically Waze will push a feature out like this to their beta group before going live with it, and so far there’s no sign that Waze is bringing this feature over any time soon since the beta group haven’t mentioned it. At least with Waze we have a way to know that they will be updating their app to support 3rd party dashboard, because it’ll be reported via Waze’s beta channel first.
That's a shame. I'd love that feature

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.