Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black Baron

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Germany
Hello,

I have updated to iOS 14.1 and 14.2 and now went back to 14.1 due to many sync problems with iTunes using iOS 14.2.

My question in general is. Is there any way to go back to 13.7?

The files are available on ipsw.me ... Is this a download time criteria? Which means, if I download the signed
iOS version does it still work for months to follow or does Apple cut off the line even though I downloaded a signed
ipsw file?

Let's say I have an iPhone + an iPad and I want to keep iOS conformity over many devices using the same iOS version.
It's important to keep a working, functional workflow since iOS updates are popping out every 10-14 days by now
which is a catastrophic "rapid prototyping" software environment. Awful on my opinion in terms of software. And it's
getting worse.

I have made good experiences with iOS 13.7 and OS X High Sierra so far and I would like to downgrade if possible.

Regards,

BLACK BARON
Design / Photo / Art / Music

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
The files are available on ipsw.me ... Is this a download time criteria? Which means, if I download the signed
iOS version does it still work for months to follow or does Apple cut off the line even though I downloaded a signed
ipsw file?
The signing happens on Apple's side, not on the .ipsw file itself, so no, there's no way to install 13.7.

Reactions: Sam in SoCal

Black Baron

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Germany
An infinite loop "perpetual rapid prototyping software device" but for sure not an industrial applicable solution.

Airdrop worked in 13.7 ... in 14.1 and 14.2 it no longer works.

Honestly, I would not like to have lots of tablet and smartphone devices in my company and playing around
with diffrent iOS versions all day to get it work properly. That's my opinion.

Apple is like a "huge parental control family business company". The leadership are the parents. The users
are the kids and the kids have always to follow the parental's rules. If they want or not, whether if it makes
sense or not, whether it's right or wrong what the top leadership is doing and deciding. That's my opinion.

Regards,

BLACK BARON
Design / Photo / Art / Music

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.