Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Archer1778

macrumors member
May 1, 2017
Charlotte
Is anyone testing this update? How does it feel? Better battery life? Worse?

I saw a YouTube video of an iPhone 6S which got much better scores on Geekbench
Put it on my iPad Pro and iPhone 11 Pro, so far speed and battery life feels the same. I honestly don’t see too much difference in regards to performance. Definitely feels like a finished version, if that helps.

Reactions: Populus

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Put it on my iPad Pro and iPhone 11 Pro, so far speed and battery life feels the same. I honestly don’t see too much difference in regards to performance. Definitely feels like a finished version, if that helps.
Ok, a polished final version then. What I don’t quite understand is why this change on the exposure notification toggle now... You cannot use it if you don’t have a government app, so why release a new version allowing you to toggle the exposure notifications without an app? It doesn’t make any sense, and even less to be this one the only change on 13.7.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Ok, a polished final version then. What I don’t quite understand is why this change on the exposure notification toggle now... You cannot use it if you don’t have a government app, so why release a new version allowing you to toggle the exposure notifications without an app? It doesn’t make any sense, and even less to be this one the only change on 13.7.
Do you toggle the actual exposure notification system on or just the „ping me when an app is available“ toggle (can‘t test cause there‘s an app in my region)?

If it‘s the former, it absolutely makes sense to have the exposure notification system go live globally even without an app that supports it. The way it used to work is that it‘s only active when you install your regions app. If they change it so you can activate the token exchange system without an app, the reach of the system is far greater because everyone can take part.

The apps are then only used to check your status (verify if your tokens had contact).

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Do you toggle the actual exposure notification system on or just the „ping me when an app is available“ toggle (can‘t test cause there‘s an app in my region)?

If it‘s the former, it absolutely makes sense to have the exposure notification system go live globally even without an app that supports it. The way it used to work is that it‘s only active when you install your regions app. If they change it so you can activate the token exchange system without an app, the reach of the system is far greater because everyone can take part.

The apps are then only used to check your status (verify if your tokens had contact).
But without an app, can you tell the API you’ve tested positive? I thought that without an app, the API and the system was useless...

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
But without an app, can you tell the API you’ve tested positive? I thought that without an app, the API and the system was useless...
It‘s still tokens that are exchanged, which is valuable. Just because there is no app yet doesn‘t mean you sit at home. If your phone can already... pre-exchange (?) tokens, it‘s for the greater good because you can infect yourself (or infect others) before your government pushes an app.

wilm23509

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2018
Ft.Carson, CO
Is it me that my iMessage use to be activated with my phone number, now it won’t activate. FaceTime is the same way. When I click on my number, it says error. It’s been over 12 hours waiting!

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Oh ok cause on zollotech poll some people are saying it’s phenomenal on 13.7
My battery life is worse with 13.7 compared to 13.6.1. 13.6.1, I was using an iPhone 11 Pro with 93% battery health, now I have a new iPhone 11 Pro, 100% battery health, set up as new and its still draining faster.

Also, is 13.7 Public Release a new build? I'm getting an update running the "beta" build.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Created a new thread since the build number is actually different

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
My battery life is worse with 13.7 compared to 13.6.1. 13.6.1, I was using an iPhone 11 Pro with 93% battery health, now I have a new iPhone 11 Pro, 100% battery health, set up as new and its still draining faster.

Also, is 13.7 Public Release a new build? I'm getting an update running the "beta" build.
Luckily I was able to download 13.6.1 just few minutes before 13.7 was released. Now I'll perform a clean install of 13.6.1 on my iPhone, which has been flawless on my iPad Pro, and stay there!

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Is it me that my iMessage use to be activated with my phone number, now it won’t activate. FaceTime is the same way. When I click on my number, it says error. It’s been over 12 hours waiting!
Happening to me too. My phone number and iMessage no longer get along. FaceTime also. Talked to Apple and they’re kicking it the engineers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.