Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Wow, same here.

I bet this bug is going to cause a lot of random drama in relationships.

"Why'd you turn them off?" "I didn't." "Yes you did." "Look it's.. oh, it turned itself off." "Sure it did. You just want to be able to ghost me." "No I don't!" etc.

Same here. Just started notice since yesterday. I have restarted the router 3 times, which I never did for months. Still unsure whether this is coincidence or really due to the update.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Yeah, I did a full restore via restore mode on a test device and let it pull down a fresh IPSW from Apple and it brought down the correct version. Oh well, carry on :)

It is now fixed

Capture5.JPG

Anony-mouse

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2016
I've updated to iOS 13.7 on my iPhone 6S and also iPad Pro 9.7.
Since then I've noticed that the battery level would show moderate charge (anywhere from 25-45%) but suddenly shutdown, and after plugging in the charger and rebooting, it would show a low (< 10% / red) battery charge level.

I've been having more frequent crashes when using Safari as well, even though the battery charge indicator is still green after rebooting (can't remember the exact values).
Not sure if it is a problem with iOS 13.7, but the iPhone 6S has already turned on Performance Management in the Battery Health setting, with the Max. Capacity at 87%. Nonetheless, the sudden power dropout and crashes are still happening.

Similarly the battery level indicator for the iPad Pro 9.7 wouldn't provide any warning before suddenly shutting off, and the battery drain rate is much higher compared to iPadOS 13.6.x.
Somehow I suspect that 13.7 is too aggressive in terms of the peak performance settings.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
I've updated to iOS 13.7 on my iPhone 6S and also iPad Pro 9.7.
Since then I've noticed that the battery level would show moderate charge (anywhere from 25-45%) but suddenly shutdown, and after plugging in the charger and rebooting, it would show a low (< 10% / red) battery charge level.

I've been having more frequent crashes when using Safari as well, even though the battery charge indicator is still green after rebooting (can't remember the exact values).
Not sure if it is a problem with iOS 13.7, but the iPhone 6S has already turned on Performance Management in the Battery Health setting, with the Max. Capacity at 87%. Nonetheless, the sudden power dropout and crashes are still happening.

Similarly the battery level indicator for the iPad Pro 9.7 wouldn't provide any warning before suddenly shutting off, and the battery drain rate is much higher compared to iPadOS 13.6.x.
Somehow I suspect that 13.7 is too aggressive in terms of the peak performance settings.

I have an old SE that use as a spare backup phone and which I also try out beta software. My SE (same technology as your 6s) has been experiencing similar problems for the past year. For example I can completely shut it down one night at 40% battery and it might not restart in the morning. A second attempt might cause it to restart showing 28% which immediately became 1% and it died. iOS 13.6 turned on performance management a few weeks ago and I finally got around to paying Apple £49 for a battery this week. Similarly at 86.8% and only 256 charge cycles. Apple suggested it was down to a poor charging regime on my part over the 40 months I had owned it.

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

Anony-mouse

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2016
iOS 13.6 turned on performance management a few weeks ago and I finally got around to paying Apple £49 for a battery this week. Similarly at 86.8% and only 256 charge cycles. Apple suggested it was down to a poor charging regime on my part over the 40 months I had owned it.

Thing is, my iPhone 6S battery was replaced under the Apple Battery replacement program which IIRC was at the end of 2018? So the latest iOS 13.7 with an 87% max charge battery is triggering all the sudden shutdowns and reboots whereas before upgrading from 13.6.x it was still ok.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Thing is, my iPhone 6S battery was replaced under the Apple Battery replacement program which IIRC was at the end of 2018? So the latest iOS 13.7 with an 87% max charge battery is triggering all the sudden shutdowns and reboots whereas before upgrading from 13.6.x it was still ok.
Never sure how useful the %age max really is. Having updated a 6s+, with its battery replaced at the same time as yours, from 13.6.1 to 13.7 the health percentage improved from 95 to 98.

iPhonNick

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
Netherlands
My old iPhone SE is hanging on the 87% mark as well, at least for a while. But I'm not seeing any issues with my battery on my SE, and it still supports peak performance. I'll keep an eye on it, though.

Anony-mouse

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2016
Never sure how useful the %age max really is. Having updated a 6s+, with its battery replaced at the same time as yours, from 13.6.1 to 13.7 the health percentage improved from 95 to 98.

In any case, I've just replaced the battery in my iPhone, and it seems stable after 1 day's usage. I guess iOS 13.7 exposed a failing battery which 13.6.1 was able to compensate for.

UKgaryb

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2013
Manchester, UK
Anyone seen any issues with Personal Hotspot, Nothing seems to get a IP Address when connecting to the phone (Stuck on self assigned IP)... very annoying... BT were installing fibre at my house so I jumped on hotspot, ended up using my work Pixel.

iPhonNick

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
Netherlands
Anyone seen any issues with Personal Hotspot, Nothing seems to get a IP Address when connecting to the phone (Stuck on self assigned IP)... very annoying... BT were installing fibre at my house so I jumped on hotspot, ended up using my work Pixel.
No issues here on my XS.

cla9614

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Ok, I have a major bug with iOS 13.7!!

I'm running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and iTunes 12.8.2.3. I can't sync my iPod Touch (7th Generation) nor my iPhone Xs to my computer via iTunes. iOS 13.7 causes it to crash continuously when I try to sync. I've signed out of and then into my AppleID on each device and I'm definitely using a genuine lightning cable for this process. It's really pissed me off that Apple released iOS 13.7 and it broke basic functionality. I've had library crashes that I've had to restore on iTunes and that is a simple process. But to not be able to sync at all...WTF Apple??

I've confirmed that iOS 13.6.1 works flawlessly with iTunes 12.8.2.3. I've even downloaded and reinstalled iTunes, restarted my computer multiple times, etc.

This ish is broken and I expect so much more from Apple than this.

cla9614

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Ok, I have a major bug with iOS 13.7!!

I'm running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and iTunes 12.8.2.3. I can't sync my iPod Touch (7th Generation) nor my iPhone Xs to my computer via iTunes. iOS 13.7 causes it to crash continuously when I try to sync. I've signed out of and then into my AppleID on each device and I'm definitely using a genuine lightning cable for this process. It's really pissed me off that Apple released iOS 13.7 and it broke basic functionality. I've had library crashes that I've had to restore on iTunes and that is a simple process. But to not be able to sync at all...WTF Apple??

I've confirmed that iOS 13.6.1 works flawlessly with iTunes 12.8.2.3. I've even downloaded and reinstalled iTunes, restarted my computer multiple times, etc.

This ish is broken and I expect so much more from Apple than this.

I figured out what the issue was....a bad iTunes library file. Once I replaced it with a copy and paste from my Time Machine backup the sync function worked properly again. Thank God for backups!!!

CalabiYau

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
I figured out what the issue was....a bad iTunes library file. Once I replaced it with a copy and paste from my Time Machine backup the sync function worked properly again. Thank God for backups!!!

Hi! Just in case is a known problem.

I have just installed 13.7 from a rock solid 12.4.1 (6s).

Since then, my ios-macos safari bookmarks are no longer synced. It has worked flawlessly for ages (iOS 10,11 and 12).
I have tried all typical tricks with no success (except clean start since I have no faith and it is really a huge effort)

My macbook pro has High Sierra. Is this related to this failure? I have read that tabs sync are not possible because of encryption but nothing about bookmarks...

@cla9614 I have seen that you have the same combo (HS and ios13.7). Are the safari bookmarks syncing ok?

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Has anyone noticed that iOS 13.7 added a “on my iPhone” calendar despite iCloud being enabled?

Under settings, calendar, default calendar?

cla9614

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hi! Just in case is a known problem.

I have just installed 13.7 from a rock solid 12.4.1 (6s).

Since then, my ios-macos safari bookmarks are no longer synced. It has worked flawlessly for ages (iOS 10,11 and 12).
I have tried all typical tricks with no success (except clean start since I have no faith and it is really a huge effort)

My macbook pro has High Sierra. Is this related to this failure? I have read that tabs sync are not possible because of encryption but nothing about bookmarks...

@cla9614 I have seen that you have the same combo (HS and ios13.7). Are the safari bookmarks syncing ok?

I don't use Safari like that, so I wouldn't know about syncing bookmarks.

Every now and then iTunes crashes due to a bad library file. My library is about 260 GB. I just copy and paste iTunes library file from a backup or another folder location. Everything comes back like new.

I can't stress this enough, backup, backup, backup....Apple even advises this...

And keep your backup HDD / SSD offline, if it's not connected hackers can't corrupt it...

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
How do you copy the iTunes Library file and where is it located? If I keep my music collection on external drive and sync with multiple computers, can I create this library file only on one computer and then copy paste it on to other computers?
I have some long music tracks of which I prefer to listen to selected part of it, so I have set up start and end times for those tracks in iTunes and then sync with my iPhone. So, it would be much easier to set it up once on one computer and then copy paste that information onto other compters.
I don't use Safari like that, so I wouldn't know about syncing bookmarks.

Every now and then iTunes crashes due to a bad library file. My library is about 260 GB. I just copy and paste iTunes library file from a backup or another folder location. Everything comes back like new.

I can't stress this enough, backup, backup, backup....Apple even advises this...

And keep your backup HDD / SSD offline, if it's not connected hackers can't corrupt it...

cla9614

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
How do you copy the iTunes Library file and where is it located? If I keep my music collection on external drive and sync with multiple computers, can I create this library file only on one computer and then copy paste it on to other computers?
I have some long music tracks of which I prefer to listen to selected part of it, so I have set up start and end times for those tracks in iTunes and then sync with my iPhone. So, it would be much easier to set it up once on one computer and then copy paste that information onto other compters.

Gaanee,

I'm running High Sierra. The location of the library file for iTunes or Apple Music is in Finder as follows:

Go to your HDD folder > Users > Your User Name (usually has a home icon next to it) > Music > iTunes > iTunes Library.itl & iTunes Library.xml

Copy both of those files, but make sure to close iTunes first if it's running. And then paste them in a safe location on your HDD, USB stick, External HDD, etc.

Then if your iTunes library crashes, close iTunes and just copy and paste those files back into the Finder folder location specified above and everything should be back to normal.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Since there s no real danger of me updating to IOS 14 on iPhone, and this issue only affects iPhone, not iPad, i guess it wouldn't hurt calling this a "security issue with 2FA"

- If you login to your AppldID via the App store, with 2fA on your account,everything goes as normal

...but you can bypass 2FA, by logging in via Settings instead..

you'll still get the code, but the pane to enter it will only be "temporarily" ... it will go away AND you will stay logged in..

Thus, you can then access the App Store. This seems like a very bad idea.. but it works :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.