Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
iOS 13 doesn't appear to play nice with my IP6S. While I didn't notice how much free memory I had before the upgrade, after the upgrade I found several apps were moved to the cloud. I also get intermitent messages saying my memory low. Never had that problem before iOS 13.

I've since gone through my pictures and deleted over 1,000 without correcting this problem. At the present moment, my 16gb phone shows 526 mb available. I'm considering downgrading back to 12.4.1.

Before I do that, I'm thinking of wiping the phone and selecting NEW on the reboot, then manually downloading the apps that I want until I reach maybe 3-4 gb available. Presently I have zero songs or videos installed. This phone serves as a backup in case I have a problem with my regular phone, soon to be an IP 11. The 6S mainly serves for foreign travel as I don't care if I lose it or not and it's only worth about $100 on eBay/Swappa. Cheap insurance.

As warned by App, some apps don't work with iOS 13 as well on the 6S (not enough horsepower). For those 6S owners considering upgrading to iOS 13, I would suggest doing so only if you have a 64gb model or higher unless you're not a app jucky like me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.