Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samantha124

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015
So I recently got an Apple Watch a few days ago. I got the public beta but decided to go back to iOS 12. I restored my phone today. I didn’t realize I needed to backup my Apple Watch so I lost all my rings being closed and whatnot. What I don’t understand is it shows all my data in the health app but it’s not really syncing and adding it back. It just kind of shows the data if I search. Should I chalk it up as lesson learned or is there a way to get it back to where it was?

Last edited:

Samantha124

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. It just bugs me because the data is theoretically there haha

Samantha124

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Oh ok, yes I do/did have health syncing on in iCloud. I downgraded because I have a vacation coming up and the Disney app just crashes. Otherwise I loved iOS 13.

Ok so hopefully it does show back up. I had toyed with this when I had gotten my Apple Watch Series 3 and my iPhone X. I still had my Series 2 and iPhone 7 and wanted to see how well that worked. It really did take a day for all my achievements and rings to transfer over. Mind you, I had Health data from all the way back to June 2015 when I got my first Apple Watch. I'm still on that iPhone X and Series 3 SS as neither the Series 4 or the XS presented enough for me to upgrade

Samantha124

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015
Ok so hopefully it does show back up. I had toyed with this when I had gotten my Apple Watch Series 3 and my iPhone X. I still had my Series 2 and iPhone 7 and wanted to see how well that worked. It really did take a day for all my achievements and rings to transfer over. Mind you, I had Health data from all the way back to June 2015 when I got my first Apple Watch. I'm still on that iPhone X and Series 3 SS as neither the Series 4 or the XS presented enough for me to upgrade

Yeah I hope it does. I am new to the watch, amazon had a really good deal on the series 3, so I went ahead and jumped on it. I haven’t had it long so I’ll see if everything eventually updates. I didn’t realize that the watch backs up with the phone. I never backed up anything while on iOS 13.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.