Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

proenca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2019
Hi there,

so my 2018 BMW have wireless carplay.

had my iphone X with 12,x on it and updated until 13.00, and worked fantastic.

got my iphone pro max couple of days ago, try to pair with the car - I can pair via bluetooth, spotify works, calls, etc but it doesnt do carplay.

when it goes to "activating carplay" just wait time and then says it fails.

so I went and picked up my iPhone X, which has been formated and tried to connect it - it doesnt connect, same thing.

remember : this phone was connected prior ( since 12,4 I belive ) via wireless carplay and now doesnt work.

iphone X has 13,00 and iphone pro max 13,1 , neither of them work with carplay ( just keeps waiting and then fails the carplay startup ).

is this a known bug ?

I tried so far:

- reseting network settings, ofc removing and adding the phone in the car and the car in the phone
- bold text on and off
- started and large zoom
- dark and "normal" mode
- reset of the phone.

neither of these options worked.

ideias ? or its is a known bug ?
[automerge]1569594951[/automerge]
Hi there,

so my 2018 BMW have wireless carplay.

had my iphone X with 12,x on it and updated until 13.00, and worked fantastic.

got my iphone pro max couple of days ago, try to pair with the car - I can pair via bluetooth, spotify works, calls, etc but it doesnt do carplay.

when it goes to "activating carplay" just wait time and then says it fails.

so I went and picked up my iPhone X, which has been formated and tried to connect it - it doesnt connect, same thing.

remember : this phone was connected prior ( since 12,4 I belive ) via wireless carplay and now doesnt work.

iphone X has 13,00 and iphone pro max 13,1 , neither of them work with carplay ( just keeps waiting and then fails the carplay startup ).

is this a known bug ?

I tried so far:

- reseting network settings, ofc removing and adding the phone in the car and the car in the phone
- bold text on and off
- started and large zoom
- dark and "normal" mode
- reset of the phone.

neither of these options worked.

ideias ? or its is a known bug ?

to be clear : with the iPhone X and IOS13 it was WORKING.

It seems that NEW phones cant register with the BMW Wireless Carplay.

The iPhone X that was working, was formated and now it doesnt work as well ( neither the new iPhone Pro Max )

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
I have an 11 pro and CarPlay is working fine for me in my 18 5 series with wireless CarPlay. I would reset all settings on your phone next and then try and make sure the phone is deleted from the car and from your Bluetooth menu on phone and then re-pair afterwards

proenca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2019
its a pro or a pro max ?

seems a few threads been pop up lately with the pro max.

I did reset all settings ( network ) and deleted frmo the car and in the phone ( the pairings ) and it simply doesnt work.

neither the iphonepro max neither the iphone X ( that was working with ios13 ) and now was reformated and it doesnt connect at all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.