Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
After the update my camera stopped working. It was working right before the update.

A week before I dropped my phone face flat with a case and my Face ID stopped working. Would that have to do anything with it?

I already fixed my screen for $500 once. I'm contemplating whether to buy the new iPhone 11 Pro. Any one have any solutions or faced this issue?

I already did the voice over trick, Reset all settings, restart the iPhone, close all apps, etc, etc.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Anyone still having this issue?

iOS 13.1 didn't fix it. I saw on reddit multiple iPhone X users have been effected. I haven't seen any posts about this on MacRumors though.
[automerge]1569396637[/automerge]
Have you try restore?

No because its just too much work to spend my time just re-adding everything after a factory reset.

Considering its probably a software issue (although I dropped my phone, the cameras worked up until the update). I afraid the backup will cause the software issue again.

I'm heading towards just getting a new phone. I would literally have to spend Hours downloading everything back. Especially since I'm overseas, Apps dont download as fast as they do back in US with Gigabit speeds.

Khorn

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2013
Germany
There are some threads in macrumors forum mentioning it.

Happened to me once so far with my Pro Max on iOS 13.0. App restart fixed it.

Read some post in Apple forum and reddit that downgrading to 12.4.1 retores camera functionality on devices were it completely stopped working.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
There are some threads in macrumors forum mentioning it.

Happened to me once so far with my Pro Max on iOS 13.0. App restart fixed it.

Read some post in Apple forum and reddit that downgrading to 12.4.1 retores camera functionality on devices were it completely stopped working.

Gives me some hope. I wanted to wait until next year to upgrade. But I guess im just forced to at this point.

I noticed right when it hits the 2 year mark the battery just detoriates like crazy. I hope they're not intentionally doing it again like they did before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.