Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
i downloaded iOS 13 Beta today. In the photo album, did we lose the camera roll? I really like that folder to see all my pictures taken (without having to use the new daily,monthly,yearly folder)

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Photos and then All Photos and you'll see them laid out like a camera roll.

The sucky part is that when you go to All Photos, it pulls up literally every single photo in your phone. Including all the albums/pics you synced from a Mac. So now, instead of only seeing the stuff I had in my camera roll, I have to scroll through ALL of my pics.

I wish they’d stop messing around with the camera roll and leave it alone. Last time they did this they quickly had to reverse that silly decision.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
The sucky part is that when you go to All Photos, it pulls up literally every single photo in your phone. Including all the albums/pics you synced from a Mac. So now, instead of only seeing the stuff I had in my camera roll, I have to scroll through ALL of my pics.

I wish they’d stop messing around with the camera roll and leave it alone. Last time they did this they quickly had to reverse that silly decision.
Yeah there seems to not have an option like “Show local images only” for some reason. Weird. I don’t need it but it would be great to have it.
Also, I want to have more options for image sorting so I can always see added photos based on “creating Date” or “modified date” instead of the date written in EXIF. Sadly there is no such option so I have to change EXIF.

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Yea, I think I remember this same thing happened back with iOS 8. They removed the Camera Roll and then re-added it after complaints in iOS 8.1

Don't know why they revisited this mess. It only makes sense to not have Camera Roll when you are using iCloud Photo Library, but those of us that don't use iCloud Photo Library and have albums synced, this makes this messy again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.