Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Is there a way to bring back camera roll in photos? Yes I know that everything is now listed in photos (days/monhts/etc) but the thing is this merges all the photos from all your albums, hence it is quite a bit different than the actual camera roll album we had before. Is there a way to bring this back?

jhuynh

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
I'm assuming you never turned on iCloud Photo library in the past and the beta is by default turning it on. I'm not sure if there is a way to revert it as the camera roll has been gone for a while(years) for everyone that turned on that feature.

Or is iCloud Photo Library turned off and there's no camera roll? This happened back in iOS 8 as well. You should send in feedback to Apple if this is the case.

Last edited:

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I'm assuming you never turned on iCloud Photo library in the past and the beta is by default turning it on. I'm not sure if there is a way to revert it as the camera roll has been gone for a while(years) for everyone that turned on that feature.

Or is iCloud Photo Library turned off and there's no camera roll? This happened back in iOS 8 as well. You should send in feedback to Apple if this is the case.

I can attest that iCloud Photo Library is off. This is the same situation that happened in iOS 8 as well.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012

I always had icloud photo off and it still is off in ios13.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.