Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

talktodalk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2019
Up until iOS 13 the suggested move folder was always correct, now I only get the option to "move" ( and I then have to manually find the folder) or "move to important".

Anyone any ideas how to sort this?

The new mail layout is horrible, what used to take one action now takes three, why are the actions hidden behind the reply button??

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Up until iOS 13 the suggested move folder was always correct, now I only get the option to "move" ( and I then have to manually find the folder) or "move to important".

Anyone any ideas how to sort this?

The new mail layout is horrible, what used to take one action now takes three, why are the actions hidden behind the reply button??

i didn't need to move mails in iOS 13, but in iOS 13.1 its possible.
i also thought the same thing yesterday.
i had accidentally deleted (put into the trash) an email that i wanted to get out of the trash and re-put into the inbox.
but the usual location to do that (move an email to a different folder) was not showing.
but there was a different way to to it. i had to look around for it but its there. i remember it did 2 or 3 steps and wasnt intuitive and definitely not how it was done in iOS12.
sorry i don't remember off the top of my head how its now done in iOS 13.1 but its there.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
I have a much more annoying issue with Mail. Before, in the Trash mailbox, I could hit, in order, "Edit”, “Delete”, “Delete All Messages?”, but now, the “Delete” (or rather, “Trash”) is not enabled until messages are selected, so I have to select every message in the Trash in order to empty it.

I guess the old way was too easy.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
The feature was always a double-edged sword anyway.

For me, it initially worked well, and made good suggestions.

Then it started to make bad suggestions, and force a manual selection of the desired folder, which resulted in a situation that could be perceived as less convenient than simply forcing the user to choose every time.

At that point, I wished for a way to turn it off completely. Assistants are nice when they work, but counterproductive when they don't.

Brazenways

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2019
The suggestions do actually start re-surfacing but it’s barrier within a non-visible touch menu. Such BS this mail app update. How this got past the power user email users during the beta phase is beyond me.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Definitely seems less intuitive and requires more presses to accomplish the same task. Makes me wonder if Apple devs even use Apple Mail themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.