Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaniloGeekDude

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
I have an "old" iPhone6+ that is, according to Apple, no longer will support the iOS 13 version.
Do you guys know how I could bypass this limitation? I wish to install the public beta version of iOS 13.

Thanks and Kind Regards.

Reactions: DuncanGarp

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have an "old" iPhone6+ that is, according to Apple, no longer will support the iOS 13 version.
Do you guys know how I could bypass this limitation? I wish to install the public beta version of iOS 13.

Thanks and Kind Regards.
It’s impossible. Apple doesn’t have a version of iOS 13 that will run on any of the unsupported devices.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
By far the best option is to find a used iPhone 6s Plus online and buy it to use iOS 13, assuming that device is legitimately purchased before and not blacklisted.
And, even if there is a way to “bypass” the limitation, those tools are restricted to Apple internal iOS development team and definitely wont be released.
iOS ain’t like macOS, which can be hacked all around. Maybe it is time for you to upgrade your device.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Even if you were to somehow find a loophole, your device will be bricked because it’s not assigned to your device.

DuncanGarp

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2018
I don't know how to break it to you but it's simply not possible. iOS 13 requires 2GB of ram to run and your phone only shipped with 1GB.

That's too bad as I have the same iphone 6+ device. How do you actually tell the RAM size versus the MEM size as I have a 64gb MEM? Thanks.

Reactions: DaniloGeekDude

krebphone

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2019
That's too bad as I have the same iphone 6+ device. How do you actually tell the RAM size versus the MEM size as I have a 64gb MEM? Thanks.
Take apart your phone and examine the RAM chips if you don’t believe what everyone is telling you.

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
Don't forget, that ist is not ONLY about RAM (by the way: ALL iPhone 6 and 6+ do have 1GB of RAM, no matter what storage size they have)!

iOS13 does not include any drivers for unsupported devices like the iPhone 6+, so even IF you could install it, your WLAN, cellular, maybe even touchscreen, Touch-ID, speakers, .... would not work.
It is simply impossible.

Reactions: DaniloGeekDude

Wokis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Don't forget, that ist is not ONLY about RAM (by the way: ALL iPhone 6 and 6+ do have 1GB of RAM, no matter what storage size they have)!

iOS13 does not include any drivers for unsupported devices like the iPhone 6+, so even IF you could install it, your WLAN, cellular, maybe even touchscreen, Touch-ID, speakers, .... would not work.
It is simply impossible.
Isn’t it the same SoC as well as radio in the still-supported ipad Mini 4?

Not to give anyone hope or anything. I don’t think anyone with the wit and resources to pull this off will ever bother.

ivaburug

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2020
I have an iPhone 6 and airpods pro, but I can't look the battery because it runs iOS 12, is there any way that I can see the battery?

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
I have an iPhone 6 and airpods pro, but I can't look the battery because it runs iOS 12, is there any way that I can see the battery?

Check out the £2.99 version of the Lirium info App (which how supports even recent devices) or check out iMazing on PC or MAC. The free version may give you this info. I have the paid version so can't easily tell you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.