Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mi26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2020
For those that have been continually updating the Iphone 6S on IOS13 - how is it running? Still the same or is it starting to slow. Trying to ride out the 6s through IOS13, but haven't done the update yet....

nick_iphone7

Suspended
Dec 4, 2019
The reaoson to change my 6s was iOS 13? since I update is super slow, there was definitely a delay. If you're with iOS 12 stay there. I put just in case 13.3.1 on my 6s and there is no change. I just think the software is a little heavy on the iPhone 6s. ?

• Sad
Reactions: dysamoria

baas

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2016
I updates my 6s from 12.4.1 to 13.3 (skipped all the prior releases) and I'm really glad I upgraded. I didn't notice any slowdowns or bugs and I really enjoy dark mode, the optimized battery charge function and the better volume indicators. Just make sure that your battery is still capable of peak performance, otherwise it might be a good idea to replace your battery first. Also I did the update through itunes (old habit from 10 years ago lol).

Last edited:

salzrat

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2015
My 6s still feels snappy and like new on 13.3. Slowdowns are very rare. Battery for me is the same as 12.4.1

Reactions: dysamoria

jschnee21

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
On both of my 6s’s, since upgrading to all versions of iOS 13 when ever I use the phone it blows through the battery.

Since iOS 13.3, if the phone is idle, the battery lasts like normal. But if I actually use the phone it blows through the batter in only an hour or two of constant usage.

Already had the batteries replaced in both. One was completely replaced (they broke it changing the battery). Other just had a batter swap (both at Apple store). Didn’t help.

Wife finally gave up and bought a new 11pro (she’s very happy with it). Battery lasts all day with heavy usage. Better than my XSM.

Seems like iOS 13 is running the 6s CPU harder either to keep up with the boatware or the kernel is less optimized for the older CPUs.

Honestly, looking back, you’re probably better to stay with 12.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
On both of my 6s’s, since upgrading to all versions of iOS 13 when ever I use the phone it blows through the battery.

Since iOS 13.3, if the phone is idle, the battery lasts like normal. But if I actually use the phone it blows through the batter in only an hour or two of constant usage.

Already had the batteries replaced in both. One was completely replaced (they broke it changing the battery). Other just had a batter swap (both at Apple store). Didn’t help.

Wife finally gave up and bought a new 11pro (she’s very happy with it). Battery lasts all day with heavy usage. Better than my XSM.

Seems like iOS 13 is running the 6s CPU harder either to keep up with the boatware or the kernel is less optimized for the older CPUs.

I’ve found this kind of lousy battery life on my iPhone 6s with iOS 12.4.x. I have been appalled by the battery life on this phone from day one. My prior phone was an iPhone 4, which still lives on happily as an iPod now.

Edit: I had the battery in my iPhone 6s replaced for free by Apple just in case. No change.

Reactions: Marlon DLTH :)

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
Anyone still holding off? I still am. iOS 12.x on my iPhone 6s. The latest reason? Losing iCloud Safari tab synch between my devices. I don't have the ability to go to Mojave on either of my Macs, so I would lose this useful (if often broken) iCloud feature if I moved my iDevices to iOS 13.

Marlon DLTH :)

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2020
The reaoson to change my 6s was iOS 13? since I update is super slow, there was definitely a delay. If you're with iOS 12 stay there. I put just in case 13.3.1 on my 6s and there is no change. I just think the software is a little heavy on the iPhone 6s. ?

I think that’s because the battery is worn out and cannot support normal performance (what other people said is planned obsolescence, however it is because of the battery). Your 6s should work very well.

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014

this

13 WILL eat your battery

unless there's some whiz bang feature you must have in 13, and i can't imagine what that would be, you're MUCH better off on 12.

12 was perfect

13 is a MESS

JPNMac

Suspended
Jun 1, 2020
Illinois
Keep in mind that the iPhone 6s is the earliest iPhone that supports iOS 13. It doesn't support all features of it, and it is unlikely to be supported in iOS 14 (you'll find out in 9 days).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.