Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R740

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
London
Hello all, can anyone confirm that an iPhone running iOS 13 PB works as usual with Apple Watch running watchOS 5? There is no watchOS public beta, and I don't want to lose the connection with my watch. Thank you in advance!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
It works, but there are some bugs.

The Find My Friends complication/app has disappeared from the Watch. In iOS 13, Find My Friends was replaced by "Find My," but there's no "Find My" in watchOS 5.

I'm also having trouble with complications for third-party apps. I can no longer add them to watch faces, though complications previously added to faces keep working. And if you try to edit complications and switch away from a third party complication, it can't be switched back in.

Activity and Workout tracking is working fine, so I'm ok with it until the new watchOS gets officially released.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

RadioHedgeFund

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2018
If you have a LTE model of Apple Watch then the beta breaks the data connection on your watch and cannot transfer the carrier settings to the esim.

DGGoingUphill

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
If you have a LTE model of Apple Watch then the beta breaks the data connection on your watch and cannot transfer the carrier settings to the esim.

Is this device or carrier specific? Is it only on updating settings or starting from new? I ask because I haven’t had this issue with my XS Max, Watch 4 LTE, and T-Mobile.

Justinb51

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I have an Apple Watch 4 on the latest watch os. I just upgraded my iPhone Xs to iOS 13 public beta and my watch is acting like it’s not connected to my phone at all. I do not get notifications and if I look to see if it’s connected on the watch it shows the dots for cellular service not the iPhone. However according to the phone the watch is connected (Bluetooth menu).
Anyone know a fix for this?

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011

Does this bug only affect new cellular activations?

I have WatchOS 6.0 beta 2 on my Series 3 GPS + Cellular with Verizon and iPhone XS Max iOS 13 Public Beta and the watch seems to be connected to my phone and if I turn Bluetooth on the phone off and Wi-Fi off on the watch it will connect to cellular.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.