Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
So, iOS 13 doesn’t have a Dev Profile for OTA download and install,

Does anyone know if this will likely be the case for the public beta?

stormchasejg

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
East Preston, UK
Like mentioned above Public beta has always been OTA profile, I think the only reason they didn't release one for developers is that they either have some major changes that required iTunes or that they are trying to prevent the public using this version as there is a note on the developer portal warning thrill seekers to avoid until public beta not that it stoped me or many others

KooL BeAnZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Like mentioned above Public beta has always been OTA profile, I think the only reason they didn't release one for developers is that they either have some major changes that required iTunes or that they are trying to prevent the public using this version as there is a note on the developer portal warning thrill seekers to avoid until public beta not that it stoped me or many others

But then you can easily just download Mac and Xcode beta and get 13.

Like it’s so easily to do ...

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Very odd that they did not release a profile for it.

Not odd at all. It's how they used to do it, before they used profiles. And it's a much better way for them to control who has access to it. It's not as much fun, certainly. And there will be a profile for future rounds, either at the public round or even before. But for these first initial betas... no go.

Reactions: AVonGauss

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Not odd at all. It's how they used to do it, before they used profiles. And it's a much better way for them to control who has access to it. It's not as much fun, certainly. And there will be a profile for future rounds, either at the public round or even before. But for these first initial betas... no go.

I understand that is how it used to be, but not what they did recently and they did release profiles for some of the beta versions today, but not all of them. Just not very consistent in their approach.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I understand that is how it used to be, but not what they did recently and they did release profiles for some of the beta versions today, but not all of them. Just not very consistent in their approach.

They released NO profiles for iOS 13 today. None.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.