Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
I updated my iphone 11 Pro Max to 13.1 when it was available and it went to a spinning icon for about 45 mins before I started trying to reset things. Finally got past the non-responsive buttons and what not and was able to proceed with the update no problem.

Now, I'm trying to update to 13.1.1 and it looks like I'm having the same problem with what appears to be a non-responsive iphone with a perpetually spinning indicator. Just curious if I'm just being a bit hasty and need to accept that these updates take 45min - 1hr to complete?

No issues with updating my ipad pro or other phones in the household but this is the only iphone 11 Pro in the house at the moment. Does anyone have this issue?

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Same thing happening here.

Good to know I'm not the only one! It's been 30 mins on the spinner so far, was wondering if I needed to start having an intervention or not. Guess I'll hold out a while longer.

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
After an hour of the spinner, I finally intervened with a forced reboot. Got back to the home screen and reinitiated the install. Update went through uneventfully thereafter. I’ve never seen this issue before, where the update hangs. Very few are reporting this issue. Starting to wonder if I have some kind of system level corruption and maybe need to consider an exchange which is absolutely nothing I’m looking forward to doing. Hate the idea of going through this hang release exercise every time there’s an update, too.

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
I’ve had the same spinner issues since trying to install 13.1...mine is even weirder as I just posted earlier....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.