Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theapplepie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2018
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed battery drain since upgrading to iOS 14.4? I have an iPhone XS Max, and ever since upgrading to iOS 14.4, my battery life has been pretty poor. I already restored my phone and set it up as new, but that did not resolve the issue. My battery health is at 91%.

Thank you in advance.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
yes a little.
my suspicion is that the photos app is still working in the background building its For You album - which its only supposed to be doing when the phone is plugged in and locked. just a guess

theapplepie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2018
yes a little.
my suspicion is that the photos app is still working in the background building its For You album - which its only supposed to be doing when the phone is plugged in and locked. just a guess
Even though it's now March 5th and it's been out since January 26th?

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
12 pro max !4.4, battery life rock solid, best in the industry, easily hit 10-11 hours on wifi, if I can use the phone for that long long. 😂

Never had to charge my phone twice in one day.

cookiemonster89

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
I went to sleep yesterday with around 41% and put the iphone 12 Pro into airplane mode. We I woke up it was at 9%. Then I did a hard reset and it was at 5%. battery status said no app usage over the night but the last app status reported Siri with on the topic the usage but with just 2 min of use ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

theapplepie

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2018
I went to sleep yesterday with around 41% and put the iphone 12 Pro into airplane mode. We I woke up it was at 9%. Then I did a hard reset and it was at 5%. battery status said no app usage over the night but the last app status reported Siri with on the topic the usage but with just 2 min of use ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something is definitely buggy with iOS 14.4. Hopefully 14.5 resolves this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.