Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
So I just downloaded iOS 14. Currently the only motion sensors I have connected are those exposed to HomeKit from the Nest Hello via the Starling Hub. 16 total motion sensors. The motion sensor accessories are not viewable on the favorites page even when selected. You can only see them on the room page and they’re buried in a top of the page menu labeled “motion sensors” with a number indicating how many. Is this true for all motion sensors or is this specific to the Starling Hub since it’s not HomeKit certified? I sometimes like to view them at a glance to see what’s getting triggered.

On a side note, the “doorbell button” accessory is only accessible through the home settings under “Hubs & Bridges” and within the Starling’s accessories menu. Is this the behavior everyone else is seeing? Thanks.

inkahauts

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
For me they all show when they detect motion on the top of the home screen now. Just as it shows other status info for things you want to know.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Thank you. Would any of you happen to know if iOS14 also removed tiles for “always on” accessories like a Philips Hue dimmer switch?

Debauch

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2013
I don't have one so can't say for sure but anything you can control (on, off, open, close, change, ...) still has a tile. My thermostats for example are always on and still have tiles.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I don't have one so can't say for sure but anything you can control (on, off, open, close, change, ...) still has a tile. My thermostats for example are always on and still have tiles.
By Always On I mean like a device that has programmable buttons or is passive and doesn’t have any controls in the Home app. HomeKit calls them “Always on” in the automations section, along with motion sensors and such.
132FBB67-8277-4F37-8AF1-8D8413FC036E.jpeg

dsaponaro

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
Philips Hue Dimmer Switch tiles are still there. In there corresponding room they are installed in.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I have an eve button, it appears in the room assigned.

and it does show up in favorites, as long as the setting is enabled.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have an eve button, it appears in the room assigned.

and it does show up in favorites, as long as the setting is enabled.
Interesting. I contacted Starling and they said iOS 14 removed them and it was a complaint they been getting. Then again the Nest Hello and Starling aren’t HomeKit certified so could have something to do with that. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.