Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imfoster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Since I have purchased my iPhone 13, I have difficulties getting my CarPlay (Pioneer 1400NEX) to work. This started with iOS 15. I have tried every beta to solve this problem including up to iOS 15.2 beta (I previously had an iPhone XS, which CarPlay worked previously, and it still works when it is plugged in.) Most days, when I plug it in, it will say connecting. Then, it’ll make a beep and start the connecting process again. Some days, it’ll magically work in the morning, but not in the evening. (On my way to and from work.) Other days, it’ll work after several (several) reconnecting beeps.

Here is what I have tried based off my internet sleuthing:
Equalizer: has been on off the whole time. I even tried switching it to late night then back to off. NOTHING
Siri on and then off: NOTHING
Restart Phone: NOTHING
Reset Network: NOTHING
Reset Phone: NOTHING
Delete all 3rd party CarPlay apps: NOTHING
Use a different cable: NOTHING. (New cable works with iPhone XS.)
Turn off internet connection/Bluetooth when I get into the car: NOTHING

I am running low on patience, as it worked before this new phone. I would take any REAL suggestions that I have not already tried.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I have had zero issues using my iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15.0.1,15.0.2 and 15.1 for wired CarPlay in my Honda CRV using the factory HU, which I have owned since 2018. It sounds like this could be a issue with your Pioneer HU. Have you contacted Pioneer about the issue?

Last edited:

JohnnyChuttz

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
No issues with 13 Pro on 15.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.2, or 15.1 on 2018 Chevy Silverado stock Hu.

It has to be an issue with your Pioneer unit. Have you tried your 13 on another Car Play head unit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.