Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
I have been having some pretty bad sync issues with Apple Music on my MacBook and on my iPhone.
playlists wouldn't sync on from either device.

got it solved, reboot MacBook into safe boot, launched Apple Music and it seems to resolve the syncing issue.

but not I have a new issue, if I make a playlist folder on my MacBook and it syncs to my iPhone, but if I delete the folder on ym MacBook, it still stays on my iPhone, to the point that now I have 3 folders that are stuck on my iPhone and do not appear on my MacBook Apple Music.
I signed in and out of Apple Music on both devices, I turned sync on and off on both devices. I have no idea how to get rid of those folders.

also last: some songs will not add to my library on either device, when I click on a song and choose add to library, nothing happens.

wokoman

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Came here to share similiar experience, that begun like a week ago maybe.

On my iPhone, the streaming works fine, but any operations regarding my library doesn’t work - liking songs, removing/adding albums etc.
For example liking a song freezes and crashes the app after few seconds.

It’s super odd, because I am on 15.3.1 for some time, and everything works fine on my Macbook or iPad.
Only thing I’ve tried is deleting the app, but no dice. Can’t seem to find the “iCloud library“ option anymore ?

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
Came here to share similiar experience, that begun like a week ago maybe.

On my iPhone, the streaming works fine, but any operations regarding my library doesn’t work - liking songs, removing/adding albums etc.
For example liking a song freezes and crashes the app after few seconds.

It’s super odd, because I am on 15.3.1 for some time, and everything works fine on my Macbook or iPad.
Only thing I’ve tried is deleting the app, but no dice. Can’t seem to find the “iCloud library“ option anymore ?
I am back to square one, nothing syncs between my devices, I can see all the playlists, on my Mac the same playlists have more songs in them then on my iPhone, I have no idea why nothing it syncing.

mike.moore

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2009
I am back to square one, nothing syncs between my devices, I can see all the playlists, on my Mac the same playlists have more songs in them then on my iPhone, I have no idea why nothing it syncing.
Have you found any resolution for these sync issues? I have been going crazy as I keep having this issue. My Mac is not syncing playlists at all in that direction. I'm trying to get them escalated but not sure how to do it. Been on support but I'm not sure if they are actively looking into anything with this.

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
the playlist folders have finally disappeared from my iPhone, I have no idea how it manages to work, I just randomly synced my Apple Music on my Mac, the folder appeared and I deleted it and looked on my iPhone and it was gone also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.