Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snail22

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
Not sure if this has been pointed out, but I discovered that with iTunes Match (is it still called that?) there will invariably be a gap when transitioning from a "matched" song to an "uploaded" song or vice versa.

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
A bit early and some more listening is needed, but 16.3 may have fixed it for me. Listened to a live album and… no gaps
Just trying Dark Side of the Moon and there was no gap between "Speak To Me" and "Breathe In The Air". Fingers crossed

Jayseph

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2022
Now do we start the campaign to persuade Apple not to reintroduce the same problem again in iOS16.4?
So this morning, I upgraded one iPad to 16.4 to test and make sure that this issue didn’t repeat itself. I used my AirPods Pro 2 and found everything was working fine. I was elated as this is the biggest most annoying bug for me. I then upgraded my phone and my other iPad. Tonight I started listening to music on this iPad with my AirPods Pro Max and guess what? The space between tracks came back again! I listened to three tracks and the issue was there with all 3 tracks. I then took out my AirPods Pro and the issue is not there. What the f$&k?!

For those of us on this thread, I wonder if we should create a tracker thread that is not tied to any version number so we can keep everyone updated. What do you think? It seems like Apple can’t keep this bug down.

Is anyone else noticing this weird behavior on 16.4?

Reactions: ian87w

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
So this morning, I upgraded one iPad to 16.4 to test and make sure that this issue didn’t repeat itself. I used my AirPods Pro 2 and found everything was working fine. I was elated as this is the biggest most annoying bug for me. I then upgraded my phone and my other iPad. Tonight I started listening to music on this iPad with my AirPods Pro Max and guess what? The space between tracks came back again! I listened to three tracks and the issue was there with all 3 tracks. I then took out my AirPods Pro and the issue is not there. What the f$&k?!

For those of us on this thread, I wonder if we should create a tracker thread that is not tied to any version number so we can keep everyone updated. What do you think? It seems like Apple can’t keep this bug down.

Is anyone else noticing this weird behavior on 16.4?
That’s not good. 😕

11 Pro, 16.3.1, no issues so far listening via Bluetooth to car or Bluetooth speaker. I don’t have AirPods of any kind so cannot verify that.

Will hold off updating my iPhone to 16.4…

Jayseph

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2022
That’s not good. 😕

11 Pro, 16.3.1, no issues so far listening via Bluetooth to car or Bluetooth speaker. I don’t have AirPods of any kind so cannot verify that.

Will hold off updating my iPhone to 16.4…
Yep, I had no problem on 16.3.1 either. After upgrading, there were still no issues with Bluetooth speakers or with AirPods Pro. I haven't tested my car yet. The only issue so far is with the Max. I plan on resetting them tomorrow to see if that can help. I will also check my other Bluetooth set to see if there are any issues. This one is really odd....at least it is not fully broken from what I can tell, but I wonder if anyone else is noticing anything buggy on this front on 16.4.

Rod65

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2022
I just tried out after updating to 16.4 and also fired up pink floyd's Dark side and i have no gap between 1.st and 2.nd song, so everything is fine. Album is in m4a lossless on the phone, connected via bluetooth with my Beyerdynamic Amiron wireless Headphone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayseph

Jayseph

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2022
I just tried out after updating to 16.4 and also fired up pink floyd's Dark side and i have no gap between 1.st and 2.nd song, so everything is fine. Album is in m4a loseless on the phone, connected via bluetooth and my Beyerdynamic Amiron wireless
That is great! Yeah, I haven't had issues besides with my AirPods Pro Max. Everything else I have tried is fine. I will keep testing. If anyone uses AirPods Pro Max (what a stupid name) let me know if you are finding the same issue I have found above. Thanks!

Jayseph

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2022
OK, folks. Looks like all I had to do was fully restart my AirPods Pro Max and it is now working fine again. Apologies for starting this thread up again. Please forgive me.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rod65

andrewd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
I seem to have lost gapless playback on my iPad Pro running 16.4.1, for Apple Lossless tracks via Airplay or AirPods Pro, which is beyond frustrating. However I am still getting gapless playback of 256kbps AAC tracks on my iPhone 2020 SE running 16.4.1. Anyone else now having issues with iPadOS 16.4.1 specifically?

andrewd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Well done Apple, looks like you’ve failed to deliver gapless playback with an iOS update yet again. Why is this so difficult to maintain?

Reactions: brilliantthings

andrewd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Has anyone had chance to test whether today’s release of iPadOS 16.5 has restored gapless playback?

andrewd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Has anyone had chance to test whether today’s release of iPadOS 16.5 has restored gapless playback?
I’ve done a small amount of testing now and the latest update does seem to have restored gapless playback…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.