Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

kayuz6

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2022
P
Same for me actually, thought I could wait a bit to install. Oh well.
Oh well. They won’t release a public release then?
edit: I read the security informations on Apple website. For 15.7.1 it mentioned iPhone 6s and later. For 15.7.2 only iPhone 6s,7 not later… then it is officially dropped support for iPhone 8 and up phones 🥹

Last edited:

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
The strange thing is iPadOS 15.7.2 shows on my M1 iPad Pro so iPad that can run iPadOS 16 can still continue with 15.

For phones, if you go to the update page and they immediately shows 16.2 to install then it means Apple officially drop iOS 15 for phones and will try to "force" users update to 16.
It's probably because there was no iPadOS 16.0. So Apple's unofficial policy seems to be to provide security updates for the previous major OS alongside the first two minor releases of the current major OS. So iOS 16.0 and iOS 16.1 had iOS 15.7 and 15.7.1 respectively and iPadOS has 16.1 and 16.2 paired with iPadOS 15.7.1 and 15.7.2.

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Anyone here with 15.7.2 on their 13pro and concurrently running 16.2 on their Homepod Mini and 16.2 on the Apple TV

Here is my setup , 15.7.2 iPhone 13Pro , 16.2 Homepod Mini's and 15.7 Apple TV , with a full homekit setup

The mini's are running without any issues.
I'm afraid of updating the Apple TV to 16.2 thinking that it will cause a conflict with 15.7.2 on my IPhone.

Any idea's??

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
Anyone here with 15.7.2 on their 13pro and concurrently running 16.2 on their Homepod Mini and 16.2 on the Apple TV

Here is my setup , 15.7.2 iPhone 13Pro , 16.2 Homepod Mini's and 15.7 Apple TV , with a full homekit setup

The mini's are running without any issues.
I'm afraid of updating the Apple TV to 16.2 thinking that it will cause a conflict with 15.7.2 on my IPhone.

Any idea's??

Just dont update to the new homekit architecture (is not automatic, you have to do it manually trough the home app after you update your main IOS device to 16.2) and they all will be fine.

You can upgrade the Apple TV safely to 16.2

Reactions: ahmede

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
It's probably because there was no iPadOS 16.0. So Apple's unofficial policy seems to be to provide security updates for the previous major OS alongside the first two minor releases of the current major OS. So iOS 16.0 and iOS 16.1 had iOS 15.7 and 15.7.1 respectively and iPadOS has 16.1 and 16.2 paired with iPadOS 15.7.1 and 15.7.2.
Makes sense but seems very arbitrary, especially considering that they had it working.

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Just dont update to the new homekit architecture (is not automatic, you have to do it manually trough the home app after you update your main IOS device to 16.2) and they all will be fine.

You can upgrade the Apple TV safely to 16.2

I'm not planning to update my 13pro to iOS 16 anytime soon

It is running rock solid on 15.7.2 compared to the bug fest , battery sucking 16.2

fp99

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2021
I read an article on ArsTechnica with the header "Only iPhones that can’t run iOS 16 are getting new iOS 15 updates".
It seems that this is the case. My iPad mini 6 shows the 15.7.2 update, however my iPhone 13 Pro does not.

From the article, Available for: iPhone 6s (all models), iPhone 7 (all models), iPhone SE (1st generation), iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation)".

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I read an article on ArsTechnica with the header "Only iPhones that can’t run iOS 16 are getting new iOS 15 updates".
It seems that this is the case. My iPad mini 6 shows the 15.7.2 update, however my iPhone 13 Pro does not.

From the article, Available for: iPhone 6s (all models), iPhone 7 (all models), iPhone SE (1st generation), iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation)".

I installed iOS 15 beta profile, this allowed me to install 15.7.2 RC on my 13Pro

Last edited:

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I installed iOS 15 beta profile, this allowed me to install 15.7.2 RC on my 13Pro
They did allow it during the beta/RC period but they're no longer allowing it to be installed. It's possible they consider 15.7.2 on these devices as a beta installation.

Reactions: kayuz6

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
My iPad got iPad OS of the same number and there's also a macOS update if you look under 'Other updates"... I guess it's update time for all of my devices.

kayuz6

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2022
Oh man, I downloaded 15.7.2 on XS but it says there’s not internet to verify the update. Of course I’ve got connection so… no way 😔

DuckMe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
There's actually one more way out there to get anyone stuck on iOS 15 to upgrade to iOS 15.7.2, and that is the Delayed OTA.

But for non-jailbroken devices, you need to use Apple configurator 2 (for macOS) or the paid version of iMazing (for Windows) to put your iPhone into supervised mode, and then with delayed OTA and Beta profiles, you should be able to upgrade to 15.7.2 from any 15.x.

For putting iOS into supervised mode, you'll be asked to wipe the device during the process, so create a backup before doing so.

Once you've upgraded to iOS 15.7.2 you can wipe the device out of supervised mode, then go back to your backup.

Edit:
This is the error I got when trying to upgrade my iPhone 11 from iOS 15.7.1 (final) to 15.7.2 (RC using beta profile), which happened because 15.7.2 OTA is no longer signed.

I'll try the delayed OTA later this/next week, as iOS 15 is already the best deal for the iPhone 11.

1.JPG

Edit 2
It looks like Apple's updates have been pretty messed up, and it may have been a last-minute decision to ban iPhone 8 and later devices from continuing to get iOS 15.

As we all know, the iPhone 7 series and the iPhone 8 series have always shared the same firmware, and the iPhone 7 cannot be upgraded to iOS 16, so it can get iOS 15.7.2. the iPhone 8 can't, but at the time of the public release, a reddit user said that successfully saved 15.7.2 blobs for iPhone 8, I think at that time they forgot to unsign.

Last edited:

anonston555

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2022
There's actually one more way out there to get anyone stuck on iOS 15 to upgrade to iOS 15.7.2, and that is the Delayed OTA.

But for non-jailbroken devices, you need to use Apple configurator 2 (for macOS) or the paid version of iMazing (for Windows) to put your iPhone into supervised mode, and then with delayed OTA and Beta profiles, you should be able to upgrade to 15.7.2 from any 15.x.

For putting iOS into supervised mode, you'll be asked to wipe the device during the process, so create a backup before doing so.

Once you've upgraded to iOS 15.7.2 you can wipe the device out of supervised mode, then go back to your backup.

Edit:
This is the error I got when trying to upgrade my iPhone 11 from iOS 15.7.1 (final) to 15.7.2 (RC using beta profile), which happened because 15.7.2 OTA is no longer signed.

I'll try the delayed OTA later this/next week, as iOS 15 is already the best deal for the iPhone 11.

View attachment 2128474

Edit 2
It looks like Apple's updates have been pretty messed up, and it may have been a last-minute decision to ban iPhone 8 and later devices from continuing to get iOS 15.

As we all know, the iPhone 7 series and the iPhone 8 series have always shared the same firmware, and the iPhone 7 cannot be upgraded to iOS 16, so it can get iOS 15.7.2. the iPhone 8 can't, but at the time of the public release, a reddit user said that successfully saved 15.7.2 blobs for iPhone 8, I think at that time they forgot to unsign.
I tried searching various websites for delayed OTAs for iOS 15.7.2 RC, but to no avail. Least for now.

Does the delayed OTA method still work? And if it works, would that mean that we could receive the 15.7.2 RC version when we don’t have the file somewhere online? Or would that have to wait until…. someone uploads it.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I can understand some people (like me) don't want to install new major OS for the first 2-3 months because there's a good chance you'll face a recurring bug that affect your daily usage, but at this point iOS 16 is pretty stable on my 13PM.

The only reason I was holding off on iPad is because of a major bug with zoom accessibility and gestures not working, but now its finally resolved in 16,2. Accessibility options is often the only things that can be bugged for a good while and a good reason to stay on the last OS version at first for people using them,

There's still a bug with smart invert colour that don't invert the keyboard so I'll stay on 15.7.2 on my iPad for now, but I know I'm only buying time at this point because at the end of january when 16.3 will release I'll probably be forced to update on the iPad as well.

DuckMe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
I tried searching various websites for delayed OTAs for iOS 15.7.2 RC, but to no avail. Least for now.

Does the delayed OTA method still work? And if it works, would that mean that we could receive the 15.7.2 RC version when we don’t have the file somewhere online? Or would that have to wait until…. someone uploads it.
The delayed OTA has a time window, and its time window is a maximum of 90 days from the date when it is no longer signed to still be able to upgrade to that version.

In essence, the delayed OTA profile is a plain text file, you only need to edit the date to delay the date, but not too early, because that version hasn't been released by then and you'll just get older versions like 15.7.1 or 15.7, but not too late, or it will stop signing. It's like a time machine, you need to go back to a time when it was still available, not too early, not too late, so the time window is the key.

This post was made on Dec 7th, I'm assuming 15.7.2 RC is available that day (to be on the safe side, I recommend going back to Dec 8th, not Dec 7th, because you may be back too early and it hasn't been released yet on Dec 7th (like in the morning)). you just need to subtract Dec 8th from the current date to calculate the date you need to go back to, for today, I need to go back 7 days ago, so I fill in 7 days in the profile below. Remember, you can't fill in more than 90 days, because there is no longer that "time machine" available there.

So on March 2023 (90 days later) anyone will no longer be able to use the delayed OTA upgrade to 15.7.2, but if you actually build a real-time machine, forget what i said 😎

Below is an example of a delayed OTA profile, it's only available today, you need to edit it yourself, make your profile, and email it to your iPhone, open the file with the Mail app to install.

Enter the date you want to back on line 187,
What I fill here is back to 7 days ago:
Code:
<integer>7</integer>
The file name must be "delay.mobileconfig"

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>PayloadContent</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>PayloadDescription</key>
            <string>Configures restrictions</string>
            <key>PayloadDisplayName</key>
            <string>Restrictions</string>
            <key>PayloadIdentifier</key>
            <string>com.apple.applicationaccess.B0419900-A9E4-4AC1-99D5-015F4A134B7A</string>
            <key>PayloadType</key>
            <string>com.apple.applicationaccess</string>
            <key>PayloadUUID</key>
            <string>B0419900-A9E4-4AC1-99D5-015F4A134B7A</string>
            <key>PayloadVersion</key>
            <integer>1</integer>
            <key>allowActivityContinuation</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAddingGameCenterFriends</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAirPlayIncomingRequests</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAirPrint</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAirPrintCredentialsStorage</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAirPrintiBeaconDiscovery</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAppCellularDataModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAppClips</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAppInstallation</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAppRemoval</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowApplePersonalizedAdvertising</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAssistant</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAssistantWhileLocked</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAutoCorrection</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAutoUnlock</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowAutomaticAppDownloads</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowBluetoothModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowBookstore</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowBookstoreErotica</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowCamera</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowCellularPlanModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowChat</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowCloudBackup</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowCloudDocumentSync</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowCloudPhotoLibrary</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowContinuousPathKeyboard</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowDefinitionLookup</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowDeviceNameModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowDeviceSleep</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowDictation</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowESIMModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowEnablingRestrictions</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowEnterpriseAppTrust</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowEnterpriseBookBackup</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowEnterpriseBookMetadataSync</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowEraseContentAndSettings</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowExplicitContent</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowFilesNetworkDriveAccess</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowFilesUSBDriveAccess</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowFindMyDevice</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowFindMyFriends</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowFingerprintForUnlock</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowFingerprintModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowGameCenter</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowGlobalBackgroundFetchWhenRoaming</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowInAppPurchases</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowKeyboardShortcuts</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowManagedAppsCloudSync</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowMultiplayerGaming</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowMusicService</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowNews</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowNotificationsModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowOpenFromManagedToUnmanaged</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowOpenFromUnmanagedToManaged</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowPairedWatch</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowPassbookWhileLocked</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowPasscodeModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowPasswordAutoFill</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowPasswordProximityRequests</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowPasswordSharing</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowPersonalHotspotModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowPhotoStream</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowPredictiveKeyboard</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowProximitySetupToNewDevice</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowRadioService</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowRemoteAppPairing</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowRemoteScreenObservation</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowSafari</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowScreenShot</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowSharedStream</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowSpellCheck</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowSpotlightInternetResults</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowSystemAppRemoval</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowUIAppInstallation</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowUIConfigurationProfileInstallation</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowUSBRestrictedMode</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowUnpairedExternalBootToRecovery</key>
            <false/>
            <key>allowUntrustedTLSPrompt</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowVPNCreation</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowVideoConferencing</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowVoiceDialing</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowWallpaperModification</key>
            <true/>
            <key>allowiTunes</key>
            <true/>
            <key>enforcedSoftwareUpdateDelay</key>
            <integer>7</integer>
            <key>forceAirDropUnmanaged</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceAirPrintTrustedTLSRequirement</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceAssistantProfanityFilter</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceAuthenticationBeforeAutoFill</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceAutomaticDateAndTime</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceClassroomAutomaticallyJoinClasses</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceClassroomRequestPermissionToLeaveClasses</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceClassroomUnpromptedAppAndDeviceLock</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceClassroomUnpromptedScreenObservation</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceDelayedSoftwareUpdates</key>
            <true/>
            <key>forceEncryptedBackup</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceITunesStorePasswordEntry</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceLimitAdTracking</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceWatchWristDetection</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceWiFiPowerOn</key>
            <false/>
            <key>forceWiFiWhitelisting</key>
            <false/>
            <key>ratingApps</key>
            <integer>1000</integer>
            <key>ratingMovies</key>
            <integer>1000</integer>
            <key>ratingRegion</key>
            <string>us</string>
            <key>ratingTVShows</key>
            <integer>1000</integer>
            <key>safariAcceptCookies</key>
            <integer>2</integer>
            <key>safariAllowAutoFill</key>
            <true/>
            <key>safariAllowJavaScript</key>
            <true/>
            <key>safariAllowPopups</key>
            <true/>
            <key>safariForceFraudWarning</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </array>
    <key>PayloadDescription</key>
    <string>Delay updates for 7 days</string>
    <key>PayloadDisplayName</key>
    <string>OTA Delay - 7 Days</string>
    <key>PayloadIdentifier</key>
    <string>DhinakGOTADelay</string>
    <key>PayloadOrganization</key>
    <string>Dhinak G</string>
    <key>PayloadRemovalDisallowed</key>
    <false/>
    <key>PayloadType</key>
    <string>Configuration</string>
    <key>PayloadUUID</key>
    <string>3AA2EEFD-DBAB-4984-A1E8-45EECEC7DA37</string>
    <key>PayloadVersion</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
</dict>
</plist>

But the most important thing is not the profile file, but put the iPhone in supervised mode, because the profile will not take effect in normal mode, to put in supervised mode you have to backup and wipe your device, of course you also need a computer.

Edit:

So long story short, you need to do four things:

- Go back to Dec 8th, calculates the time difference between the current date and Dec 8, and make your delayed OTA profile.

- Download the beta profile of iOS 15, (it is different from the delayed OTA, it needs to be signed by apple, so you need to figure out how to get it yourself).

- Put the iPhone in supervised mode using Apple Configurator 2 or iMazing.

- Import these profile files via mail or safari, then just check for updates.

Edit 2:
And then one more thing, when you do come back to Dec 8th, don't forget to buy the lottery, I told you 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: sameer0924

DuckMe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
I can understand some people (like me) don't want to install new major OS for the first 2-3 months because there's a good chance you'll face a recurring bug that affect your daily usage, but at this point iOS 16 is pretty stable on my 13PM.
One reason is that the new version is not stable enough, and another reason is that the iPhone 11 I am using is old enough that it will only be slower after upgrading to the new version.

So, I'd like to keep getting security updates and stay on iOS 15, but I'm afraid 15.7.2 is the last version.

Apple has promised in iOS 14 that it will provide continuous security updates for those who do not want to upgrade to 15, but the fact is that they only released a security update of 14.8.1 and no longer allow people to continue to get security updates on iOS 14.

With all due respect, I don't like how they use software to obsolete hardware, and I'm going to stay on iOS 15 for as long as possible.

But for the iPhone 13, yes it doesn't experience any noticeable performance issues with the upgrade to the 16, each generation of iPhone should be able to upgrade three major versions of iOS without noticeable performance difference, but the fourth (for me it was iOS 16) It will be time for them to gently remind you that it's time to replace your phone.

sameer0924

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
@DuckMe Thank you for taking the time to list down the instructions to update to 15.7.2. I am able to update my iPhone 13 PM to 15.7.2 now.

BTW, I am not going to iOS16 anytime soon as I had lots of stuttering issues. I had these issues both on iPhone 13 PM and iPhone 14 PM. I am going to sell my iPhone 14 PM and keep 13 PM on iOS 15 for as long as I could.

DuckMe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
@DuckMe Thank you for taking the time to list down the instructions to update to 15.7.2. I am able to update my iPhone 13 PM to 15.7.2 now.

BTW, I am not going to iOS16 anytime soon as I had lots of stuttering issues. I had these issues both on iPhone 13 PM and iPhone 14 PM. I am going to sell my iPhone 14 PM and keep 13 PM on iOS 15 for as long as I could.
You're welcome, considering that many people have these needs, I may make a post explaining how to do it in detail.

Note that I haven't done this yet, but I know it's possible, however Apple is the one who decides everything in the end, so if you succeed, please share your experiences and help as many people as possible before March 2023.

kayuz6

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2022
For now the only option left to go back to iOS 15 is to ipsw the 15.6RC. When landed there, you’ll only see 16.2 as an update unfortunately 😅

DuckMe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
For now the only option left to go back to iOS 15 is to ipsw the 15.6RC. When landed there, you’ll only see 16.2 as an update unfortunately 😅

You need to cooperate with Delayed OTA and Beta profiles to get the 15.7.2 update, see my guide:
(it is currently waiting for mods review, because it contains URLs pointing to the outside)

Last edited:

DuckMe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
Seems a lot of work though… I’m on 15.6rc right now
In fact, there are only three steps, but if you have a lot of photos in your phone, backup and restore may take half a day.

That's why I haven't done it myself yet, I need to use my phone every day, maybe I will when I actually get into the holidays.

15.6 is a good starting point. You should try to do this ASAP, because there is no telling when Apple will stop people from doing this, as 15.7.2 is not final release and not covered by the 90-day delay commitment for businesses.

kayuz6

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2022
In fact, there are only three steps, but if you have a lot of photos in your phone, backup and restore may take half a day.

That's why I haven't done it myself yet, I need to use my phone every day, maybe I will when I actually get into the holidays.

15.6 is a good starting point. You should try to do this ASAP, because there is no telling when Apple will stop people from doing this, as 15.7.2 is not final release and not covered by the 90-day delay commitment for businesses.
Belongs to you, what will happen on 15.7.3? Will it exist for XS and later? Nonetheless, I’m not doing a crusade against iOS 16, just I tried it and got 2 strange things, one is incredible heating that is impossible on December, and like half speed on mobile data that is incomprensibile:eek:

DuckMe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
what will happen on 15.7.3? Will it exist for XS and later?
Considering that when they were working on 15.7.2 they planned to get the upgrade for iPhone 8 and later, but canceled that decision in the final version, so I don't think they will continue to provide 15.7.3 for iPhone 8 and later, even a beta version.

Honestly, there are good reasons for them to continue to offer iOS 16, making people eager to get new features while making those with old devices realize that their phones are really slow, a good reason to switch to a new phone.

incredible heating that is impossible on December,
The heat you're referring to is probably the system optimizing the database in the background, normally the iPhone does this in the background after every major version upgrade while you're charging and keeping WiFi on, it'll do that over the course of a few nights, after you will be fine.

half speed on mobile data that is incomprensibile
The cause of slow mobile data is more likely to depend on the signal in your location and how many people around you are using it at that time, in other words, it's more likely to be a matter of your carrier than your phone.

For your XS, at this moment I'd recommend staying with iOS 15, as you won't get many important features on iOS 16, unless you're a "big fan" of the new, mistappable lock screen.

But there's no reason you're stuck with iOS 15.6 RC1, this release isn't even final, there are a lot, really a lot of bug fixes in the next releases, and important security updates, I recommend you get the latest OTA, 15.7.2.

As they will release 15.7.3 in the future, 15.7.2 will become obsolete quickly, but you are using it for at least a while. when they release 15.7.3 and 16.3, you will have to choose whether to stay on 15.7.2 and keep your phone smooth, but at the risk of being hacked, or upgrade to 16.3 and newer.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.